• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Elements 8 on new Acer win8 laptop

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded my old Elements 8 program from the Wacom partners site to my laptops desktop . I still have my keys to unlock and I understand it should be compatable. I deactivated the program on my win7 desktop machine.

When I try and right click to open or run it from the desktop Icon all I get is a list of apps to run it, non of which will open or run the file -(folder) I cannot even choose run as administartor .

is this a compressed file folder? Do I first need to unzip it ?

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to click on to install the software?  What is the file name?

Only Photoshop Elements 10 and 11 have been tested with Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

The file downloads to the desktop titled  adobe- pe8 1.6 GB  with the image of a blank page, no logo or anything else,  ( takes about 8 minutes).It is a file not a folder. and the properties indicate it is indeed 1.6GB

Problem is I cannot go any further to open it, it is not zipped, and there is no choice to 'run' it ,or open an 'executable' to start a setup procedure .Upon double

clicking or right clicking the icon, all I get is "what program do you want to use to open this file" from the computer, and a pop up list many of my loaded programs, non of which a applicable.

According to the Windows compatability site Elements 8 should play nice with Windows 8.

The same thing is happening on my other Win 7 computer so I imagine the whole file is corrupt or not being sent properly by Wacom who still has it on their server in my chosen "bundled software" from when I purchased the Intuos 4 tablet.I might take it up with wacom and see if they might know what's going on.

I have loaded many many programs over the years both as downloads and from CDs, and never experienced a problem like this with any of them.

Thanks, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David202 wrote:

The file downloads to the desktop titled  adobe- pe8 1.6 GB

This is obviously not an executable file; something must have happened during the download.  The file extension should be .exe, .zip, or 7z.

I suggest that you download the installer from http://technolux.blogspot.jp/2011/02/adobe-direct-download-links-less-akamai.html and use your serial number for the installation.

Make sure that you follow the download instructions some two pages down from the top; the list of download links start some additional two pages down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Pat.

I thought there had to be something wrong with the file.

I'll give it a try tonight and see if it is successful!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines