• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Needed Please!

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few of Adobe apps from my CS6 are filing to start (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects) and it is affecting my work. See the error message below. Please I need help.

"Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit): The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

This error is known to occur if your machine is missing the correct runtime components of C++ for your system type (x86 or x64).

I do know there was a patch that was announced for Windows 7 to resolve this issue. Not a Windows OS patch, but a Visual C++ patch. Please contact Microsoft regarding that or do a system u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

This error is known to occur if your machine is missing the correct runtime components of C++ for your system type (x86 or x64).

I do know there was a patch that was announced for Windows 7 to resolve this issue. Not a Windows OS patch, but a Visual C++ patch. Please contact Microsoft regarding that or do a system update to install the microsoft security patches.

sxstrace is a tool that helps in detailed diagnostics and trace errors.

See if any of these helps if your system OS is 64 bit-

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package for (x64) -  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-3 37F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&di...

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=bd512d9e-4 3c8-4655-81bf-9350143d5867

A KB doc exists for the similar error in CS4 that you might want to refer : http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines