• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my InDesign installion on a MAC failing at "Installing AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK"

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to install Indesign on my MAC (Mountain Lion).  Each time it fails 34% of the way into the installation.  It seems to stop right as it is "Installing AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK", and at that point simply keeps raising the completion time estimate.  Looking at the log, I'm getting DW049 and DW050 errors.  Can anyone help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

The log files still aren't completely clear.  The extraction process was interrupted per:

Beginning installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdirAuIRkpyz/Install.db

Termination request received; stopping command processing.(Seq 1)

Completing installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdirAuIRkpyz/Install.db

This leads to the following:

[       0] Fri Jan  4 10:53:23 2013 ERROR

DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

DW050:  - AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK CS6: User cancelled inst

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a previous installation of Adobe Creative Software?  The DW049 and DW050 are not particularly actionable.  Do you have any additional error messages within your installation log?  You can find details on how to locate and interpret the installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff.

I originally had CS2 on my machine.  Of course, when I upgrated to Mountain Lion, I could not run the uninstaller for it.  I did run the Cleanup tool.  So, now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify, when I said what now?  I will first look at the logs and try to understand what I can.  I'll give you the details once I have them.  The problem is, the installer doesn't quit and doesn't show a fatal error.  It just freezes at 34% and then keeps increasing the estimated completion time.  Still, I'll re-attempt the install (again) so I have a clean log to work from.  Then, if you need it, I can pass it along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can likely use the exisiting install logs instead of running the installation again.  They key step is to search for ERROR and FATAL within the log.  My assumption is that we will find there is an old color profile which is not being able to be overwritten but I would rather have the log files confirm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I tried the install again.  Got the same results:  It makes it to the point where it says it is "Currently Installing AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK" and freezes.  When it happens, it says completion will take 7 more minutes.  Then you wait and wait and wait.  In this case, I canceed the process once the estimated completion time reached 39 minutes.

Here is a link to the log file:  http://files.atriumwebservices.com/childress/logfile.log.zip

Your suspicion is exactly what I suspect as well, but I just don't know how to interpret everything in the log file.  Notice the first error pertains to the AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK file, though there are no fatal errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log files still aren't completely clear.  The extraction process was interrupted per:

Beginning installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdirAuIRkpyz/Install.db

Termination request received; stopping command processing.(Seq 1)

Completing installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdirAuIRkpyz/Install.db

This leads to the following:

[       0] Fri Jan  4 10:53:23 2013 ERROR

DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

DW050:  - AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK CS6: User cancelled installation

DW050:  - AdobeColorCommonSetRGB CS6: User cancelled installation

I am assuming you are not canceling the installation but it is possible something else maybe.  Perhaps try installing in a newly created local administrator account.  If that still fails then you may want to try the installation while in Safe Boot.  This would help prevent third party applications, extensions, or fonts from possibly interferring with the install process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:  You are seeing me cancel the installation after it sits frozen for many minutes - I've waitied as long as an hour.

I'll try installing it in safe mode and let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - It's installed!   I tried it in safe mode and ran into a different problem but, after that, the install seemed to work.  So I think I'm good.

Thanks for the quick, patient follow up.

Jeff C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent thank you for the update Etjchildress!  Very happy to hear you now have the software installed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines