Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What happened to the createPDF mobile app.

Dec 16, 2012 11:32 AM

I can't find it in the app store anymore and links to it on the adobe website lead nowhere. Has this been discontinued? Any alternatives available?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to rfrastai

I have the same question. I was fixing to buy it but for some reason the App store says its not available in the US. Anyone else have a response?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to rfrastai

Yes, we have taken the existing CreatePDF application off of the market. We are preparing to have an update later in the year that operates differently, and we decided to stop sales of the current application in advance of that. I realize that some customers will still want to have access to the functionality, and in the interim you can try out our CreatePDF service from your desktop browser https://www.acrobat.com/createpdf/en/home.html. Unfortunately, there's not a mobile app availlable for that yet, so you won't be able to access from your device.

Dennis Griffin

Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to Dennis Griffin (Adobe)

I found out the hard way before reading the bottom :-(

Would have wished to experienced the mobile version

Thanks though

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to Dennis Griffin (Adobe)

What happens to existing customers of the app?

The functionality is important. I haven't found another solution that can give a true conversion for office files.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to sooks3

Hello sooks3,

You can still continue to use the CreatePDF Mobile app, even though it is no longer available for purchase or download from iTunes.

Additionally, Adobe Reader for mobile on iOS is now integrated with the Adobe CreatePDF online subscription service, which adds a lot of great capabilities to the app. This single subscription includes access across your iOS mobile devices, the web, and your desktop from within Adobe Reader software. It also lets you convert PDF documents back into Word and Excel, and includes cloud storage on Acrobat.com so that you can access your files from any device. You can learn more about this service here: https://www.acrobat.com/createpdf.

Dennis Griffin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points