• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 won't open at all on my laptop?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the program from online and installed it after some figuring out. I had to re-download and re-install it after the program would not open when I would click on the desk top icon (and the option for elements in my Windows Start list). It still will not start no matter what I do. There's no virus, no message popping up to tell me what's wrong. Simply nothing happens. I need this program both for school and my job and would appreciate some input if anyone has any answers or has experienced the same thing. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what IS your laptop, and did you verify that it meets the requirements?

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to

supply is the same, for the products you use
More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provide the

requested information
-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840
-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679
-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open the appplication from the installed folder directly? To check this, do a right click on the desktop icon and go to "Open File Location" and double click on the exe named "Adobe Premiere Elements 11.0.exe". If that still does not launch, try to launch the "Adobe Premiere Elements.exe" right next to it. The second one is the app. If you are able to launch this and work with it, you should be good to edit videos. This is the app. The other one is just a launch screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, I have allowed Adobe boffins remote access to my desktop and the problem still isn't fixed. My PC meets and exceeds the requirements. When I try to open from the .exe I get an error message of. "The applications failed to launch correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close application." The last Adobe boffin said that the error relates to my operating system and that I need an update?!? I am fully updated so I give up. I wouldn't mind but I am genuinely interested in buying the package and need to produce a short film for a best mans speech next week! I'll have to cope with Movie maker

(Windows 7, 64 bit machine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neeed  more information like computer specification and any error message during the installation of product for lfranco13 issue

&

for 0xc000007b errror check computer hard drive

1. Open computer
  2. Right-click the hard disk , and then click Properties
  3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.

For best results, don't use your computer for any other tasks while it is checking for errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I have followed your instructions but the fault remains.Error msg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mention of an error at a memory address could indicate that some other program is not behaving well with the OS. It could be that it is not accurately reporting the memory addresses used, or is reporting that it is releasing memory addresses, when it is not doing so. This can be a program, or process, that launches at bootup.

If you launch MSCONFIG from Start>Run, and look in the Startup, and Services, you should see everything, that launches at startup. I like to keep my computer very "clean," and will frequently turn OFF anything, that is not necessary (many such programs and processes will be placed in Startup, or Services, without the user ever knowing that they have been added). This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3002015#3002015

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing has happened to me. I have a brand new CPU which I had made specifically for video editing. I am not running any other programs and I recieve the same error message. My computer technition says it is a problem with the software and I would tend to agree. I would love a solution to this as I enjoy using Premiere and I actually bought the software as opposed to download a trial version first as this has never happened in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us the full specs. of your computer? Also, please let us know about your video card, and the installed video driver.

As per above, what programs, and processes do you have loading at startup?

When PrE fails to launch, what error, or warning messages do you have in Event Viewer? Do any of those have links? If they do, when you follow those links, what sort of info do you get?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply

I have purchased a disc and installed from there (Student/teacher edition). When this didn't work after multiple re installs I downloaded from adobe web site and installed.

I installed the latest version of quicktime from the net.

I don't have an anti virus program (yet)

CPU specs

Intel i7 3.4 Ghz, LGA 1155, 8MB CACHE, Quad core CPU, 1.35GHz GPU

ASUS MB P8Z77

Elixir 8GB DDR3 - 1333 S Desktop memory

Intel 240GB 330 Series solid state drive

HDD WD 3TB Sata

Leadtek Nvidia Quadro FX600 1GB graphics card

Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit

I get the exact same error as the one above if I run the exe file from it's location. If I double click the icon on the desktop nothing happens

I have shut off all non microsoft programs in msconfig. There were alot of microsoft programs there but I am not that computer savy to know which I can switch off.

ANy help would be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the installed version and date of you nVidia Quadro?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean driver version

Driver date: 2/10/2012

Version 9.18.13.697

I tried running a driver update and it says this is the latest version.

I also tried taking the video card out of the computer and running the software on the motherboards generic video this resulted with the same error.

Thanks

Unfortunately I have to go to work so if I don't reply for a while that is why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the version of

Microsoft visual c++ (2008 or 2010) installed on your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the nVidia Quadro 600 w/ Win8-64, this appears to be the newest one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-307.45-whql-driver.html

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install the new driver with the above link, no change

I check and have

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.61.61

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.61.61

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall following :

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.61.61

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.61.61

then try launching elements again if you still get the same error message then uninstall both

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 & X86

Reinstall premiere elements and try to launch application again

After that you can reinstall both packages from microsoft.com

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=15336

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did both - still won't start

Any more suggestions woult be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it appears that we have ruled out both the video driver, and the C++ RunTime Library.

Here are a few other thoughts:

Update your audio driver, by going to the Creative, Realtek, or similar Web site.

Do you have any VST's, most often used in audio-editing programs? If so, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3077222#3077222

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to realtek and updated my driver. In device manager it did say that the driver was up to date but I updated the one from realtek and installed it anyway.

I have no idea how to look for VST's, However, Premiere was the very first program I installed and it never worked. I have not installed any audio editing programs so unless it is from the generic microsoft system which I suspect not or many others would have this problem.

If you let me know how to look for VST's I would be happy to check.

I read the other articles and unless I am missing something there was no instructions on how to look for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any audio-editing programs, say Garage Band, Acid, SonicForge, Audition or others? Those would be likely candidates for VST's. If you do not have any audio-editing programs, it is unlikely that you have any problematic VST's.

Just running down all the things, that I know can create an issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, various real-time, active-scanning anti-virus, anti-malware, and anti-anything, can cause problems loading. Do you have such?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are replying from your e-mail client, maybe access the Forums via a browser, as your posts are showing empty, with no text, and that can happen with some e-mail clients.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I was out and replying from my phone

I have no audio editing programs, or any anti virus type programs.

PE 11 was the very first program I installed and it didn't work then, so I suspect (although I really have no idea) it must be conflicting with something in the initial set up.

I turned off windows firewall and nothing changed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Abhishek

I have uploaded the required file and haven't heard anything back ???

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines