• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 "installing Shared Technologies" error during install

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fix the "The installation process has encountered an error whil installing Shared Technologies.  Please restart your system and try again." error while installing Premiere Elements 11?  Photoshop Elements 11 installed fine, but I keep receiving this error while trying to install Premier Elements 11.

I have already tried:

Install from CD

Install from C: drive root

Install from Adobe website trial version

Install from CD, after clean boot

In each case it installs at the same place with the same error.

From searching these forums and doing a web search it seems like a common problem with no clear solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

You are right -- I can't get Elements Organizer to work from either the Photoshop Elements welcome screen, or the Premiere Elements menu.  It must be something that doesn't get set up riight by setup not finishing fully, or some other bug.

I was able to get Elements Organizer to run by going to the Programs directory and clicking on the .exe directly -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

I did a registry search for the organizer and found that for thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw that, tried what the mention, but if you read it they describe the symptoms but don't give much in the way of a solution.  The ASA program just said the system was waiting for a reboot -- no surprise, because that is what the install error says.  A reboot does nothing.

The link gives zero real help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFWKin please review your installation logs to determine the exact error which is causing you problems.  You can find details on how to review and interpret your installation logs at Troubleshoot install using logs | Elements - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  There is nothing apparent in the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TPE71 did you try the solutions offered by the ASA tool and the solution offered by Baljeet? 

It might also be best that you post to a different thread unless FFWKin responds back with identical error messages to what you see within your log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the ASA shows no errors.

The log file shows no fatal errors, errors, or warnings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to get nasty, but is that really Adobe's official response -- they expect users to dig through complex log files to fix and Adobe install problem?  Should it really take me the 5-6 hours I've spent so far to install a piece of software?

I'm an advanced user and very good with computers -- what do you expect novices to do?  This seems to be a pretty common problem, and Adobe isn't offering any software fixes.

The link Baljeet offered was no help (and hasn't appeard to help anyone else) and the log files didn't turn up anything obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFWKin if you can choose the package for support option within the Adobe Support Advisor and respond to this thread myself or another Adobe employee can review your installation logs for you using the process listed in message #3.

TPE71 you may want to start a new thread as the ASA tool is indicating you did not have any errors as opposed to what was detected by the Adobe Support Advisor when FFWKin ran the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the support case number. 40-32676-170828122012

The message basically just says a restart is pending.  I tried rebooting -  didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right after my initial post I was finally able to connect online with the "Chat with an agent" support option. We've been chatting the last 2 hours, with me sharing my desktop.  He initially went through some of the suggestions seen on these forums and knowledge bases -- no luck.

He finally was able to get it to install.  Basically when the setup stopped with the error mentioned above in my original post, before clicking on the error message he went into Task Manager and stopped all the Windows Installer and Adobe Install programs.  This prevented the install from rolling back due to the error.

It appears to be working, but I'm not sure if  I lost anything since the install/setup never fully completed.  He had to manually set up the start menu and desktop shortcuts, since they didn't get setup due to the aborted install.

Not pretty or elegant, but it appears to have worked.  Still didn't find or fix the bug in the Adobe install/setup program...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u very much for sharing!! I just did the same and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not solved yet -- just tried to start Photoshop Elements -- which was workng fine before -- and it won't start -- no error message, it  just doesn't start...  how about you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all is working for me. However, I may have followed a different sequence. When I started killing the processes in task manager I also terminated the windows install task of the installer. So, I launched it again and it started the removal of the install that I terminated. When that completed, I started the install again and it completed with no errors. Now both applications start up fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops one more difference here. I had uninstalled Elements thinking that the install sequence may matter. So I re-installed Elements after the successful install of Premiere Elements. Maybe it makes a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed Photoshop Elements and now they both appear to work.  Not sure if I lost an activation in the process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFWKin I am glad to hear that you were able to install the software successfully.  I did see a couple errors within your installation log you may be want to be aware of.

Beginning installation for payload at F:\Adobe Photoshop Elements 11\ElementsSTIInstaller\payloads\PSE11STIInstaller\Install.db

Evaluating condition# 1(Seq 1)

Condition failed(Seq 1)

I saw several entries for this which could indicate a possible problem with either the installation media or the optical drive.  Please keep this in mind if you find you have future failures installing from physical media.

In addition there was also some permission errors reported which may affect the lens profiles available for Camera RAW.  An example is as follows:

ERROR: DF037: Unable to delete directory "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Tokina". Error 145 The directory is not empty.(Seq 35)

ERROR: DF037: Unable to delete directory "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Tamron\Sony". Error 145 The directory is not empty.(Seq 52)

You may want to consider adjusting the permissions for C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\ and applying the permissions change to all child objects.  You can find details on how to adjust permissions at Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.

As for your activation count there is a unique machine ID assigned to your computer based off the hardware installed.  Unless you made hardware changes to your computer the activation would be the same each time the application activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TPE71 and FFWKin.

I think there are probably big numbers of us with the same problem and wasted hours trying the useless "solutions".

Will give your efforts a go with my Elements disaster - fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CD drive is F.  It was a brand new disk right from the package to the drive.  I also tried copying the install files to my the root of my C: drive, and I also installed the trial version direct from the Adobe website.  I also did an install after a clean boot -- all resulted in the same error, so I don't believe it was the media.

Does Adobe really expect the average user to have to mess with permissions to install this software?  Shouldn't the install program take care of that automatically?

In terms of the error messages, why would an install program be trying to delete those directories?  My guess is they were generated during the roll-back process after the installation faied and setup was deleting the installation -- that was my read anyway.

I've seen the error occur no matter which software installs first.  The first install seems to be doing somethng that messes with the install of the second package.

I have never had so many problems installing two pieces of software -- and I've been using computers since the early 80's! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To comment: Killing the installer and the "error -press OK- popup" seems to leave the Premiere application installed -

but this is a un-elegant solution and makes me less willing to part with my 830 NKR for the otherwise great december deal on these two programs.

I subscribe to Creative Cloud, but for the couple PCs I have that are running XP and need some software for the occasional image / video edit the Elements duo is good.. Except for this install kludge 😄 ....
(I suppose two installs are possible on this software as well with the usual not simultaneous use limit ?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFWKin

Are you able to access the Elements Organizer from your Premiere Elements 11 workspace?

Further thoughts...

Thank you for your input on this matter. My situation is that I am trying to install Premiere Elements 10 (disc 2 of 5) on Windows 8 64 bit laptop and cannot get beyond the Shared Technology error (Feature: Data 7). At that point, it appears that a lot of the program is installed...even have a desktop icon.  But the roll back was wiping that out. I have tried "every" trick in the book. What worked to maintain what was installed was your Chat person's use of the Task Manager.

Inspecting what is installed with this workaround, it would appear that it is the Elements Organizer that is missing since when I click on that Organizer option in the Premiere Elements 10 workspace, the Elements Organizer does not open. And, the use of Get Media from: Elements Organizer does not open the Elements Organizer.

I wonder about TPE71's status report that everything is now working. Is the Organizer working or just Premiere Elements workspace and the features accessed from the Elements Organizer workspace? I tried TPE71's details and still could not get anything more than just Premiere Elements workspace.

The interesting part of all this is that the other day I installed Premiere Elements 11 on this same Windows 8 computer without issue, and it is still working both Premiere Elements 11 and Elements Organizer 11 interfaces.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right -- I can't get Elements Organizer to work from either the Photoshop Elements welcome screen, or the Premiere Elements menu.  It must be something that doesn't get set up riight by setup not finishing fully, or some other bug.

I was able to get Elements Organizer to run by going to the Programs directory and clicking on the .exe directly -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

I did a registry search for the organizer and found that for this program the "open" command is the link above -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

However, the "launch" command is \"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PseProxy.exe\" -v \"%1\"

When I click directly on PseProxy.exe at the path above, nothng happens.

Under the Photoshop Elements section under "launch" the line is slightlly different -- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PseProxy.exe" -v "%1"

I don't know enough about registry commands to know if this is perfectly normal or not -- just noticed they were different.

I don't have the time to play with it, and don't want to risk messing things up.  I probably won't be using the Organizer much anyway.  Just wondering what other functionality I'll find missing.

Searching these forums it looks like this error has been going on for a few generations of product and is somewhat common.  I hope Adobe puts some resources and effort in fixing this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am able to use the organizer and the editor with no problems. As I mentioned before my sequence was a little different. After I killed the install processes, I then restarted the install which prompted for a removal of the terminated install. When this was completed I started the install again and it completed with no error. You may want to try this method as opposed to ending with the error and the terminated install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TPE71

Thanks for the additional information.

I am still stuck with Premiere Elements 10 Premiere Elements workspace and no Elements Organizer. Photoshop Elements 10 install also runs into this roll back due to error, but that is a side issue right now for me since Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8 64 bit is my focus.

I tried what I think you suggested, but had no success getting any further with that. Maybe let me recite my steps...

a. Installation disc (also tried doing this from SetUp file in Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Folder saved to Documents)

b. Firewall and AntiVirus OFF.

c. If I go the installation disc route, insert disc in DVD drive, and it does it thing until Data 7 when it rolls back with the Shared Technology message. That is when I used the Task Manager route to to prevent the roll back and salvage the Premiere Elements workspace.

At this point, you say that you restart the install which prompts for a removal of the terminated install. How are you restarting the install? Are you saying, disc still in DVD drive, it now installs automatically after it removes the terminated install. But this time it does not get hung up on Shared Technologies or more specifically Data 7. Anyone have any idea what that Data 7 and other Data files are supposed to be doing?

As I suggested earlier the dynamics of what is going on with Premiere Elements 10 installation on Windows 8 is strange since I can install Premiere Elements 11 in this same computer environment without issue. I even threw in some compatibity mode changes in one troubleshooting drill. No luck.

I would appreciate any comments about anything that I may be overlooking in the way you achieved success.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks, that worked!  Actually all I did was from my "partially working install" -- I started the install process, where the first step was to remove Photoshop Elements 11.  Before reinstalling, I repeated with Premiere Elements 11, so that was removed also.

I then just installed both -- and both installs went smooth -- had both fully intstalled in under 5 minutes, just like it should have gone in the first place!

Both packages work, and the links to Organizer work as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines