• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am being prompted to activate on Mac OS

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to reply and say that I just had this same issue pop up on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion) a few minutes ago. Was working on a project, went to edit an image, so I right-clicked an image in InDesign, selected Edit Original, but as Photoshop (which I had used already earlier today just fine) was launching the Adobe Application Manager also launched and asked for me to register my trial version... even though it's a full CS6 Master Collection (non-Creative Cloud) that I registered back in May.

I eventually just logged into my Adobe account, got my serial number (I don't have the box here, so I didn't remember what it was -- thank goodness for that online feature), and re-entered it after clicking "Register this product."

Hopefully it continues to work... like it had been doing for the past 7 months.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BriGuyAG thank you for your input but the users in this discussion thread are facing issues related to the Windows Management Instrumentation service component of Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am another Mac user that is having the same problem, so it is not limited to WMI in Windows; you have a more fundamental problem that you think. I'm running a full licensed copy of Photoshop CS6 under Snow Leopard. As of a couple of weeks ago I now need to re-enter my serial number every few days to keep running. This is unacceptable. You need to get the licensing management under control. The worst thing is that I bet the software pirates don't have to deal with this. I paid money to buy this software legally, and I don't deserve to be bothered by this constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched this to a separate topic as it is likely you are facing a different difficulty with similar symptoms.  There have been reports that some users upgrading to Photoshop 13.0.3 are being prompted to activate.  If you remove your current installation of Photoshop are you prompted to activate with the basic installed version?  Does you only experience this difficulty after applying the 13.0.3 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by removing my current installation and using the basic installed version. Do you mean reverting to pre-13.0.3? I apologize, but I'm really not up for removing and re-installing software, it's just too disruptive at this point (more so than the dialog box). The dialog box seems more frequent than I first thought - asking me to register every new day. Today I got a dialog box on closing Photoshop, rather than on opening, and this dialog does show something different - it actually says I have 32,767 days remaining in my trial (even though I have a serial number for a full copy) and still bugs me to register or start a trial. 32,767 is of course an important number as it's the maximum positive value of a 2's complement 16-bit signed word. So maybe that will help your programmers track the issue down. I'm enclosing an image of the dialog box as it appeared.photoshop trial.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klyons44 can you please private message me, and reference this thread, with your Adobe ID.  I will look up your activation history to see if you are being affected by the update or another issue.  This was the main goal of what I was looking for by my previous suggestion.  It should also be noted that some users have resolved their difficulties by following those steps as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klylons44 I reviewed your activation history and you are not affected by the 64-bit activation issue which is discussed at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1031740.  It is more likely you are affected by a specific issue related to the update which you have applied.  You should be able to remove the software and reinstall from your installation media to resolve your current difficulty.  Some users have reported being able to then apply the 13.0.3 update again successfully but you may want to wait until the next update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updates-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, it is still working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines