• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite 6

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded creative suite design 6 on my Mac and I cannot get it to install or open.  Any suggestions?  I have Mac OS and it keeps saying it wants Microsoft windows.   I have previously had creative suite 5 on my mac and it worked fine, now t is telling me that my mac os is not supporting the application.  How can I get it to be compatible and open.  This is driving me insane!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

you downloaded the windows file.

use adobe live support and beg for forgiveness:  http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

(they're actually very prompt and helpful and as long as you have not activated the windows version, there should not be a problem letting you download, install and activate a mac version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you download the windows version?  if you have the mac version it should be a .dmg file.  is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure we may have downloaded the windows version by accident but was following the instructions from Adobe...The file is an exe file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to rectify the problem or do we have to buy it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to re-purchase anything.

Just download the Trial version for Mac and install it.

Which exact version of Design CS6? Design Standard or Design & Web Premium?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(he can use the windows serial number?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no mention of a Windows serial number. The question is simply about installing CS6 on a Mac.

I thought it was a Mac system with a Mac serial no.

Seems like he's just downloaded the Windows .exe installer onto a Mac by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he/she purchased a windows version meaning he/she received a windows serial number, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's correct, so how do I fix it please..This has cost my parents a fortune as I need it for my university course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this true:  you purchased a windows version and received a windows serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I sound silly, but I seriously don't know..  We only worked out we had the wrong download when it told me that I needed windows to open it...

I'm confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

won't the trial version only last one month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the trial is one month but can be used indefinitely with a mac serial number.

so, the issue is do you have a windows serial number?  if you paid for the windows version you should have a windows serial number and you'll need to use the link above to get a mac serial number. 

if you have a mac serial number, follow jw's suggestion and download the mac trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rand Walbundrie wrote:

won't the trial version only last one month?

Yes without a serial number.

But once you enter a serial number, it'll be permanently licensed.

What we're finding difficult to get a clear answer on is whether or not you've:

a) purchased a serial number?

b) if so, is it a Mac or Windows serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all very much for attepting to help me.  I have contacted support and they kindly refunded the money on the previous download so I can download it again...

Things eed to be made a lot sipler for comlicated downloads for people like myself lol.

Thaks again and Happy New Year to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rand Walbundrie wrote:

Yes that's correct, so how do I fix it please..

Download the CS6 Trial version for Mac (.dmg file).

Then install as usual and activate using your Mac serial no (I assume you have one of those).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you downloaded the windows file.

use adobe live support and beg for forgiveness:  http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

(they're actually very prompt and helpful and as long as you have not activated the windows version, there should not be a problem letting you download, install and activate a mac version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines