• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Auto-tune with CS6? And how to lower the pitch of the beat?

Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying to record my first song with CS6. I used Cool edit before and people have told me that AA's way better.

However I have many questoins regarding recording effects. Here are my questions.

1. How to use Auto-tune in CS6?

2. How to lower the pitch of one instrumental without changing much of its quality?  I'd like to lower the pitch, record my voice, then increase the pitch of my voice to where the instrumental was originally. (I am trying to remix a song with Chris Brown on the hook so it is killing me)

3. What is the normal procedure of improving the vocal effects after recording? Like some kind of effect that makes your voice sound professional. (I usually make rap songs and sing sometimes, so what are the effects we should use?)

Pardon me if my questions are too simple. English is not my 1st language and I don't really understand all the terminologies in CS6.

Thanks guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I do it (manually) - this was done in AA3 but the idea is the same in CS6

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/training.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for ur reply man but I was more looking for an auto-tune software that can be used in CS6. I have found the way to lower the pitch of the instrumental thought. Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.

You can also use the automatic version

In Multitrack View select Effects > Time & Pitch > Automatic Pitch Correction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I didn't really find that helpful since I don't read the musical keys.

I'm downloading Antares auto-tune and hopefully that would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't worry about the weird title, just watch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines