• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use .png files instead of .jpgs and .gifs for Web Help using RH9?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use .png files instead of .jpgs and .gifs for Web Help using RH9, and will they appear as expected in all browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox)? Are there any conditions where .png files should not be used?

Regards,

Sharon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use those formats in Rh9.

"All" browsers - Who knows? The ones you cite should be fine unless you have resized the images within Rh. That does not mean they will not be OK, just that you need to check.

I cannot think of any reason not to use PNGs. Can anyone else give a reason?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sharon/Peter,

The only issues I have had with the PNG format is with older versions of Internet Explorer - just be sure you are not supporting old version of IE. I've been bitten by a few EU countries using older versions of IE.

You may find this helpful 'Web Browser Support for PNG'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_Graphics#Web_browser_support_for_PNG

Kind Regards

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp