Skip navigation
This discussion is locked

Looking to activate Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, or Macromedia products?

Mar 12, 2013 9:17 AM

Latest reply: Jeff A Wright, Apr 19, 2013 11:00 AM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

a poster on this forum wanted to move their acrobat pro 7 to their new computer and, of course, needs to activate it or get a volume licensed product.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2013 12:24 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

oh, sorry.  i didn't realize acrobat 7 pro users could dl and use acrobat 8 pro.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2013 2:26 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have posted a couple of reviews on Amazon warning people not to buy the old versions there that cannot now be activated, but I can't do them all.  What's the point in buying software there when having done so, you then have to come here to download a working version which you could have obtained freely in the first place?  I don't know whether someone from Adobe can notify Amazon that they should withdraw those listings - one at least of which is asking a four figure sum!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 5:34 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff A Wright.

Thank you for taking the time to answer to us.

I am currently trying to install cs2 on a newer computer. It is Adobe Creative Suite Premium.

In the list to download, I do not see these two files

CS_2.0_UE_Ret_D4.exe *

CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_2.exe *

When will they be available?

If they are not to be available, what can I use to replace them?

Thank you for your help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

My grandfather has purchased a new computer and I am attempting to install CS2 on his new computer. I have the original product disks, serial #, act #, and authorization code #. I too ran into the server issue and was directed to the download page. After 3 hours of attempts I was finally able to get the program installed (thanks to Mr. Wright's info about the cs2 folder), but now when I open the Photoshop CS2 I am told that the serial number is missing or incorrect. When I installed I used the serial number on the website (<Removed by Moderator>). The program imediately exits. What do I do?! Please help 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Can I use this type of activated software for commercial work?

Can I verify the key somewhere?

Why the same key was given to all the customers?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, do you have any idea if the server will be back up to download this again? I read its just down temporarily?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to TravisDavies13

direct links to download still work:

http://crea7or.spb.ru/cs2.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:33 PM   in reply to iamvfx

I think that this  software can't be used for commercial work without having an original serial number from CS2 box/cd.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to rysownikcom

of course. but it can be an exceptional and free advertising of adobe products for the customers, who have no plans to buy any product of cs family. adobe just need to allow home use officially. how many users downloaded cs2? I think a lot. Because there is something like a panic on the IT blogs around the world, regarding free cs2

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to crea7or

I guess that someone in Adobe is sitting right now thinking 'God, what have I done'. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to rysownikcom

Adobe  published serial numbers for CS2 products officially. So I think it's free to use. Unfortunately it is old software, but this is good offer anyway, and good practice for software/game developers.

But the better way is selling older versions at lower prices, specially for software that older than 5 years. This can work. And of course Adobe must officially sell Photoshop CS5.x at any adequate price, cause CS6 version is really crap.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:02 PM   in reply to -=realsam=-

I got the downloads, but lost the webpage witht eh licence key on it, and now it's down (unavailable).

Does anyone have the licence key for Creative Suite 2 written down, from the website?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to -=realsam=-

It's all a mistake.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974775#4974775

"On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) See .

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

- Dov"

"Special serial numbers that work with these downloads are included on the download page.

However, please note that you are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you already have a valid license to the product!

- Dov"

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:09 PM   in reply to rysownikcom

Actually I laughed for a few minutes when realized what have they done. They can't just give us keys and say "You can't use that for commercial use" because it's like giving a keys from a Ferrari and telling "You can't drive this car. Buy it first!".

In fact, no one from Adobe team told us that it can't be used for commercial work

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:12 PM   in reply to -=realsam=-

Уверен, что использование серийных номеров, официально опубликованных на сайте компании Adobe компанией Adobe, легально. Над чем здесь думать? Это как вам бы хозяин квартиры дал ключи от квартиры, или от машины - берите пользуйтесь. Так и Adobe открыто опубликовал эту информацию. Софт конечно старый, да и не везде запуститься, но кому-то сможет пригодиться. А вообще это хорошая практика для производителей софта и компьютерных игр - продавать старые версии подешевке или вообще выкладывать в свободный доступ. Помимо прочего, я считаю что Adobe должен официально продавать в своём маркете предыдущие версии, например Photoshop CS5, по приемлемой цене. Потому что CS6 версия - это какой то пипец.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:19 PM   in reply to -=realsam=-

Еще не было дано четкого ответа на этот вопрос.

И не уверен что здесь можно писать на русском

So, please, let's continue on English. Use google translate if you need

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 1:20 PM   in reply to iamvfx

Exactly

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 2:07 PM   in reply to iamvfx

By the way, I planned to buy old Photoshop CS5 (that I most like) at <Removed by Moderator>. Its very good price for home use. But unfortunately it is not trusted vendor( Adobe must sell old versions officially. Cheaper of course =)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 3:03 PM   in reply to Ozpeter

Ozpeter, I also posted a couple of reviews on Amazon.  I just bought my copy of Production Studio Premium, New, on Amazon before the new year only to run into this fiasco.  I feel like I've been duped and completely wasted my money.

It has taken me 3 days to download the incomplete "replacement" software only to see that page has now been made "unavailable", I assume to stop illegal downloading of CS2. 

I don't understand how it can be legal for a company to no longer allow consumers to activate legally purchased software, regardless of it's age.

I'd really like an answer on WHEN WE CAN EXPECT TO EITHER ACTIVATE OUR ORINGINAL SOFTWARE OR HAVE AN EXCEPTABLE REPLACEMENT, ADOBE.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 3:49 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff A Wright,  That is NOT what you stated yesterday.  You have edited your response.  Yesterday you stated:

"Yea CaptainSmingey we are aware that the software is available for all users with an Adobe ID.  Please keep in mind that due to the age of these software titles it is likely that they will not function properly on modern operating systems."

I have the email in my inbox, as all others in this thread.    The train has left the station and now, after the fact, you are telling us onboard that we need a ticket.  That is poor form.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 4:28 PM   in reply to CaptainSmingey

I can accept that, except for the fact that your company (including you) knowingly released a table full of download installers and associated serial numbers available to everyone with an Adobe ID.  when questioned on the matter, admit you and the company were well aware of this fact.  THEN, well after that, backtrack and claim it is just for Adobe CS2 owners.

IF you made them available to just CS2 owners, then WHY would you make them available to everyone with an AdobeID?  Under our Adobe ID's we register our software.  As a result, we have a serial number attached to each registered software.  Someone at Adobe Systems could have simply made this list of installers and non-activation serial numbers available to CS2 owners alone, instead of releasing them to the world and backtracking after your servers become swamped.

I think it is a shame and the loss of an opportunity if Adobe Systems is going to turn a 180 and tell everyone NOT to use the software now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 4:39 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Here's an idea - sincerely meant.  When the page goes back up, put a tickbox on it saying this -

"I undertake that if I do not already hold a paid-for licence for this software, I will donate the sum of $20 to Oxfam [or other charity of Adobe's choosing] once I have installed the software"

And include a link to the named charity.

That will make Adobe look very good, and even if only a modest percentage of people do make a donation, it will make some part of the world a better place.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers.  While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 6:49 PM   in reply to TeotiGraphix

TeotiGraphix,

Did you ever get Premier to start up for after installing the downloads?  I just installed on Windows 8 and everything (photoshop, illustrator, acrobat, indesign) works, except Premier.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

**Problem solved... I used Windows 8 Utility that helps identify problems with older software and did a repair from the Control Panel/Software and now its working!  Yay!**

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to Community Admin

if the police will check the software on their license and will find this program whether it is enough to register on your site get adobe id and the presence of the activation numbers obtained from your site even if I do not buy photoshop before.

what legal basis of this program, which I have, I downloaded Registered.

I need to remove it, or you can continue to use for free.

If you can continue to enjoy for free then what legal basis for free use.

если полиция будет проверять программное обеспечение на их лицензионность и обнаружит эту программу будет ли ей достаточно регистрации на вашем сайте получения адобе ид и наличие активационого номера полученного с вашего сайта даже если я не покупал фотошоп раньше.

какие правовые основы использования мною этой программы которой я скачал зарегистрировал и активировал.

Мне нужно ее удалить или можно продолжать пользоваться бесплатно.

Если бесплатно можно продолжать пользоваться то какие правовые основые этого бесплатно использования.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 4:44 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, the issue is this: CS2 is available to anyone at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html including serial numbers.

Does this make CS2 a freeware software? If not, you need to say so on the page. Because now CS2 is freeware.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 7:09 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff A Wright,  I contacted you before Xmas -- I’m still trying to activate my “CS2 Premium” and Acrobat 8 (German version) and have successfully uninstalled all these from my PC (Windows XP Pro). According to table in the PDF instructions that Adobe provides at:   http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/MLTI/C S2_install_Win.pdf ,  there should be “7” file names to download for the premium version, however, there were only 5 files (.exe files) to be seen on this CS2-Download webpage.  Two premium version files that end with "_4" and “Extras_2” are not visible in the list of downloads at the Adobe website...can you please check this and help me further? Who can I contact?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hello Jeff, you have not answered my question.

Should there be “7” file names to download for the premium version ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thank You Jeff

Now it is clear. The Pdf instructions did not explain this. Thanks for the help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 2:25 PM   in reply to zubiyah

"Does this make CS2 a freeware software? If not, you need to say so on the page. Because now CS2 is freeware."

Silence means consent

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)