• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when extracting CS 6 (purchased full version)

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

after downloading the bundle, an error message pops up wen extracting the files, saying something like: "Cannot extract, something is missing, please download again." It happens every time, both with the download manager and without.

Thanks for your help!

Wencke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

try using a direct link download.

follow the directions and download via the links here:  http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would've done that in the first place, but it's in German. Anyways, here it goes: "Beim Extrahieren des Archivs ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Versuchen Sie erneut, Adobe CS6 Design Standard herunterzuladen."

It sounds like a problem with an incomplete download, from what I googled. But I don't know how to fix it, I already downloaded it 4 times and tried to exctract it...10 wasted hours and every time, the same frustrating result. How can I fix an automated download?

Edit: The downloaded files do end with the correct "names" (no .part but .exe and .7z)...so it might not be an incomplete download after all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you downloading onto a windows computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Windows 7 (64). I'm using Google Chrome for the download. Thank you for trying to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using a direct link download.

follow the directions and download via the links here:  http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to use the direct link download already, but I will try out the other link you provided tomorrow, it's too late now (11pm), gotta get up early for work tomorrow 🙂 I will get back to you then. Thank you for now! Wencke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to download the product on a different computer (though again, the download manager didn't work, but the direct links did). Still don't know what the problem was, but it works now. yey Thanks again for your help! Wencke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines