Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i need help in urgent..please!!!

Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my illustrator just freezed while saving my work file and it still like the picture down you see...

untitled.png

please help, i'cant lose my works.. Illustrator not responding and i can't do anything.

there are 2 files open, because of this i don't want to close illustrator... i need save these files there are lot of work !!!

cs6 and W7 btw...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "Reading Illustrator file..."

Have you placed linked Illustrator files in your document? Can you move that progress dialog window around or it is frozen too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it's frozen too..

2 files open but no linked illustrator file in one try save, just images which already embeded...

the other file may have linked files in it, but i don't know is that effects this file's save progress ?

btw illustrator still same and save pop-up screen dosent moved even one bit!!!

and as a note: i can press "stop" button but it's seems not working!

Message was edited by: marimor77

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're left little choice but to end the program and lose work.

If that reading dialog isn't even movable, then the app has frozen entirely and there's no way to "unfreeze" it, you simply have to force quit.

First hard lesson I learned was the save and save often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess you're right...probably i'm gonna lose all...

but i just wonder and try to find, is there recovery file or temporary cache file for illustrator ? any idea? since illustrator still open and files of course, is it possible to get these files as temp or something?

i'm looking on the internet like couple haours but still nothing though.

thank you for interest btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o i can move reading dialog and press stop button, but it's not responding at all,

i don't know if it change anyhting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator doesn't have any recovery files. If the app quits or crashes with unsaved work, it's gone. If on the RARE occassion that something can be recoverd, you'll be presented with a dialog box upon the next launch of AI. But... it's EXCEPTIONALLY rare that Illustrator can recover anything. Exceptionally. In general if any recovery can be done, it's due to an application crash and never an application freeze. A freeze is more often associated with the operating system in conjunction with the app, while a crash can be localized to the app itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check for files in the location you are trying to save but if there is nothing there I don't think you are going to have anything else unfortunately.

I hope this never happens to you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just encountered same issue just now but guess what, I was able to unfreeze my illustrator without loosing any file. I just double a previously saved file as if I want to launch it again while my illustrator was frozen and I just responded and I was able to save my file before I freezes again. So you can try this too if I might work for you too. I am so happy right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm exhausted and upset now..so i'll just leave it open like this and get some rest... then i'll check all linked files related both AI files now open, if it's change anything or save my works, i'll keep you posted. then last resort i'll end AI, launch again and just wait for the some kind a recovery, message something. Or lose all and start again anyway.

thank you folk,

this issue happened first time for me, i should save often anyway. like i said i'll keep you posted about details..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why doesn't illustrator autosave like Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi folks... just for your info... i couldn't save my works.

funny thing...i was said "i should save often" but its freezed when i try save !!!!

even Ps Cs6 has recovery feature now but Ai.. hello adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines