Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Assistant wont accept my password

Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an account and chose one of my typical passwords, a mix of upper and lower case and a few numbers.

When I go to download a trial version of something, the Download Assistant won't accept the password because it happens to be more that 12 bytes long.

Yes, the work around is to set a short password but either the screen for creating the account or the Download Assistant should be fixed so the password limits match.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to complete the download once you choose a shorter password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download worked but the install failed looking for a drive that no longer was part of my system.  Fatel errors on about 6 or 7 of the subcomponents of InDesign.

IIRC, I had installed some other Adobe product a while ago (which I then had removed) but it looked like the registry still had references to that invalid drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific errors are you receiving?  Please see Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html for information on how to locate and interpret the error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly, the log file was never created in the folder that the adobe web page points to.

On the humorous side,  Adobe informed me that the license period has started even though the install never completed corectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After thinking about it, I just plain old give up.

The product has been a pain to install, I'm in a shop of 1 (me)

and I simply don't have the time to waste on trying to get this to work.

Making some money comes first.

Adobe customer service doesn't want to deal with a one person shop

and I probably don't need all the bells and whistles in any case.

Looks like open source software will fit my needs quite a bit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p.s.  Thanks for your time and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines