Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Design and Web Premium asking for Adobe ID sign in

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We're a Univerisity and have a site licence for CS6. I created an install package for our mac's using the Enterprise Application Manager. It's been working fine for the last term, but now all of a sudden CS6 is asking for an Adobe ID to be entered.

Adobe ID.png

Has anyone else had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is normal. Adobe CS6 requires an Adobe ID to register it. (My company and I came to CS6 quite late so I cannot answer the question if CS6 was ever possible without an Adobe ID, though my brief search on the web suggests that CS6 always had an Adobe ID requirement).

My suggestion is for your University to create a generic Adobe ID (for example, "university_name_CS6@adobe.com") and plug that in all your Adobe CS6 installations so that your university can track your licenses with that Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, true. But the whole point of using aamee is that it allows you sign in when you create the package and then surpress any future requests to login with an Adobe ID. And as I've said it's been working fine for the last 3-4 months and only now is it asking for and Adobe ID, when it shouldn't. I have also be informed that our student helpdesk have updated CS6 so I'm wondering whether and update has changed a setting/file back to default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. I overlooked that this was an Adobe package.

One other clue is the fact that the Adobe ID is giving you 32,000+ days before it will stop working. Quite lenient, don't you think?

Are you using AAMEE 3.1 (as opposed to 3.0)?

Is the Adobe package separate from or is it baked into the master image?

So far, the only relevant URLs I have located are:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/macenterprise/u4JskwVrLrk

http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2012/06/imaging-cs6-attack-of-the-clones.html

Maybe something in there will lead you down the right path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting reports of Mac users being prompted for Adobe ID as well...all installs were done using AAMEE 3.1 generated packages.

Did something break at the Adobe end?

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Cossey wrote:

Hi

We're a Univerisity and have a site licence for CS6. I created an install package for our mac's using the Enterprise Application Manager. It's been working fine for the last term, but now all of a sudden CS6 is asking for an Adobe ID to be entered.

Adobe ID.png

Has anyone else had this issue?

Hi Paul,

Does that really read "32767 days"?

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. We are currently investigating this issue. Clearly there is a licensing issue. Can you confirm which version of AAMEE the install package was created with? Do you still have that package?

In the meantime, my guidance is to use the command line tool APTEE to un-serialize and then serialize.  Using the serialization executable from AAMEE 3.1 should also resolve the issue. I have multiple confirmations that either method should resolve the issue.

We'll respond to this issue with more details once we get to the root of the issue. So sorry for the inconvenience on this!

Jody Rodgers | Sr. Product Manager | Enterprise + Volume | Digital Media | Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue on a windows environment. We worked around this by creating a serialization file which ran on start up. dont know if this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MHSTECHS,

Did you have this exact issue, where it displays 32767 days? I'm trying to get an answer as to whether this issue affects Windows clients too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it had that exact amount of days.

We created a normal installation package and installed it onto the machine in which we would clone. On every client PC we have a serialization file located at :

"c:\Program Files\Adobe\CS6Serialization\adobeserialization.exe"

This is then executed by a batch file containing this:

"c:\Program Files\Adobe\CS6Serialization\adobeserialization.exe" --tool=VolumeSerialize

which runs each time a pc is booted (we put a shortcut in the stat menu startup folder).

We didnt like the way it was done, but it was the only work around we could find and calling the Adobe help desk didnt bare any fruit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MHSTECHS. Is there a specific reason why you're doing this every time the PC is booted? As far as I understand, the fix is to run the serialization executable built with AAMEE 3.1, but this should only be needed once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently when you install cs6 on a PC with an older version of AAMEE its bound to that PC and will not clone. If you do clone it, it is without any serializaiton. They did say this feature was removed with 3.1, but it may be worth trying the serialize just to see if it helps.

I built the current package we use with an older version of AAMEE (i think 2.1). Originally I was under the impression that the serialize would only need to be run once per machine but we started getting errors like the one above and some of them claiming their trial period had finished.This was the only way to get it to work. Come to think of it im still waiting for a call back from adobe on this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timothy-sutton wrote:

Thanks MHSTECHS. Is there a specific reason why you're doing this every time the PC is booted? As far as I understand, the fix is to run the serialization executable built with AAMEE 3.1, but this should only be needed once.

Yep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My two-cents clarification is that, while it only needs to be once, if something wipes the Adobe apps (like a hard crash), then the two-step process of installing AAMEE 3.0 packages, plus the AAMEE 3.1 serialization executable, will be needed again.

If a person has the time, I would recommend just redoing the package in AAMEE 3.1 so that flaw is no longer there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any time frame on when Adobe will release an official patch?

We deployed CS6 Master Collection and Design Standard using AAMEE 3.0 and are also having the "Sign in Required" problem.

I'd like to wait for an official patch so that we're sure that this issue won't happen again in the future.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new serialization key using AAMEE 3.1.x, push to your users.

Karl Gibson posted a GUI app solution using Platypus for deploying the key, not a very enterprise friendly solution but it gives everyone a way to deploy (albeit by double-click).

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/2352-102-1-2404/AAMEE%20-%20Serialization%2...

A savvy admin will wrap the script and XML files that AAMEE 3.1.x produces in a PKG for silent deployment.

Don

#WhistlingRainDropsKeepFallingOnMyHead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to the PDF with the solution.

I wasn't aware that this was made available.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dvdborn_ wrote:

Thanks for the link to the PDF with the solution.

I wasn't aware that this was made available.

David

It's actually a how-to-serialize PDF from early 2012...and it's not really usable in enterprise as you have to double-click a GUI app, as opposed to wrapping the script and xml in a PKG for silent deployment.

We just got word from two Production Premium, confirming Greg Neagle's findings, they're getting the prompt again.

I know the Adobe elves are cranking away on a fix for this issue, I wish I could send them ether-beers...

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dvdborn_ wrote:

Is there any time frame on when Adobe will release an official patch?

We deployed CS6 Master Collection and Design Standard using AAMEE 3.0 and are also having the "Sign in Required" problem.

I'd like to wait for an official patch so that we're sure that this issue won't happen again in the future.

David

The problem is with the AAMEE 3.0.x tool, a date bug tosses up a spurious Adobe ID prompt, entering credentials doesn't fix the problem...see my other post on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jody, can you answer to staze's comment about it seeming to not work when there is not a user logged in?

http://managingosx.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/adobe-cs6-serialization-fun/#comment-12573

Karl's PDF is simply an example that requires user interaction while logged in. Many of us manage fleets of machines that are not kept logged in as a user and we'd actually like to address this proactively rather than whack-a-mole as complaints start pouring in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been seeing this problem for a week or so now with Photoshop CS6. Three or four users out of ~100 are seeing it daily (more or less).

Nothing has fixed it for more than a day.

We've tried:

1) Uninstalling and reinstalling the product. The installer package was originally created with AAMEE 3.0.

2) Using AAMEE 3.1 to create a serialization executable and "re-serializing" the product.

3) Uninstalling the product and reinstalling it using a new installer package generated with AAMEE 3.1

All of these get the user up and running for a short while, but the issue inevitibly returns.

This is beyond frustrating for the affected users, and has consumed a fair number of man-hours here as we attempt to remedy the situation. We're currently telling people to _not_ use Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GregNeagle wrote:

We've been seeing this problem for a week or so now with Photoshop CS6. Three or four users out of ~100 are seeing it daily (more or less).

Nothing has fixed it for more than a day.

We've tried:

1) Uninstalling and reinstalling the product. The installer package was originally created with AAMEE 3.0.

2) Using AAMEE 3.1 to create a serialization executable and "re-serializing" the product.

3) Uninstalling the product and reinstalling it using a new installer package generated with AAMEE 3.1

All of these get the user up and running for a short while, but the issue inevitibly returns.

This is beyond frustrating for the affected users, and has consumed a fair number of man-hours here as we attempt to remedy the situation. We're currently telling people to _not_ use Photoshop CS6.

Greg,

Thanks for the heads up..I just got a call back from two depts, one running Design Standard and one running Production Premium...both say users are running fine at the moment.

I let them know the fix might not be permanent, and if necessary we may get On Site Support to manually install the suite(s)...not exactly the enterprise approach but we may be stuck unless Jody/Karl's team(s) can come back with a fix...

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

We are looking into this issue, but we needed some help from your end:

• Are you seeing this after fresh installation.
  • Were you able to run the software and ran into this issue after a while.
  • Which product were you using when you encountered this issue.
  • Can you please mail me the logs (oobelib.log and amt3.log  from /tmp) and details on priyjain[at]adobe[dot]com, this will help us to drill down the issue.

-Priyank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines