Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 10 with SharePoint 2007

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am new to Robohelp and was looking forward to using the new SharePoint integration features. However, I am having trouble connecting to my SharePoint(please see below). Would really appreciate any insight from more savvy users.

Thanks in advance,

-New2Robohlp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Did you forget to add an image? (You said "see below" and there doesn't appear to be anything.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, here it is!

robohelppic.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Robocolumn's site - www.robocolumn.com - he's a SP & RH guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connecting to SharePoint 2007 is supported via the explorer view of SharePoint. The easiest way to integrate with SP2007 is to add the site as a network location to your pc.

You can than use SP for publishing and the resource manager.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam,

Thanks for your response. I added SP2007 as a network location and still received the same error message when attempting to add version control.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains: Using Sharepoint as version control system is only supported for Sharepoint 2010. You're out of luck until your organisation upgrades to 2010.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam,

Thank you for your quick responses. I am unsure if we will be upgrading to SP2010 anytime soon. Are there any work-arounds for utilizing robohelp in collaboration with others? (The only other way i have found is the Merge option).

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can use merged help or another source control system like TFS of SVN. Which source control system do your developers use? You can probably use that too for RoboHelp.

The downside of merged help is that only one author can work in the project at the same time.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to elucidate my last post as it is suggestive and unclear.

When you are using merged help, you can split a larger project up into smaller parts. Every author can work at a specific part at the same time another author can work on another part. But two authors can only work at the same project at the same time if you use source control. Using merged help is just a trick. You can read all about it on: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merging_reasons.htm

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp