• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

___ How do I convert an Ai logo to a .dst file for use in embroidery?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

___ How do I convert an Ai logo to a .dst file for use in embroidery?

Is there an easy way?

Thanks,

Hugh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Like so perhaps:

http://www.embroideryi2.com/adobe

Took 5 seconds to search on Google.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like so perhaps:

http://www.embroideryi2.com/adobe

Took 5 seconds to search on Google.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I did a search - "convert ai to dst" - but it came up with nothing useful....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That costs a bundle.  There is supposed to be a way to take the AI File -- save it, convert it, and open it to work on in the VP3 embroidery files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even up to this day, version 2 has not been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo ... I have Adobe products, but not that one. I am a graphic design student, but do freelance. Trying to save the $15 - $20 fee at the embroider's for converting to a dst or isi ... for stitch count and machine. Is there still no simple way to do this without buying another program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cost 3500 dollars to buy though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a "$15 to $20" fee seems entirely fair for the services of someone who had to buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$20 is actually quite cheap.

Costs around 100 EUR around here. And that is for a 1-color job. I suppose that it takes some time to adjust the stitches.

There is a thread in which JET explains some of it and also links to a less expensive software to do it:

You will still need some experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Digitizing is a complex job while converting to Dst it took time draw as per embroidery digitizing guidelines. 

If someone want it cheap then refer me to order@embroiderycurves.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the better way is to send it to digitizer. So, he/she will be responsible for quality work. Because if we convert it directly from AI to any machine embroidery file then i am sure auto conversion software's are not able to do it exactly that high quality can be achieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes off cource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the 100 EUR fee is not just to click "convert" in some software. As is often the case, people with no experience in something often assume a task is basically automatic and unskilled: all they need is the right software, preferably free. I suspect that the person earning the 100 euro is not just using their knowledge to set up the options for the conversion, they are running test patterns on the machine, adjusting and repeating until there is something that the client will accept. On a repeat job, this time and money is saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the 100 EUR fee is not just to click "convert" in some software.

No. That's for a manual creation done by a professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acceding to my perspective it’s much better to get work done from a digitizer instead of buying expensive software and spending enough time for learning. Hope this will make sense that it’s not a conversion process.

Mostly I use these guys https://zeedigitizing.com  and I’m happy with them. May help you guys

Recently got this one

logo.jpg

here's another way if you want to convert yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines