• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot start Business Catalyst from Dreamweaver CS 6.

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a x64 Windows 7 operating system and have CS6 Dreamweaver installed. I have the Master collection and have a subscription to the creative cloud. When I click under Site - "New" Business Catalyst Site.... A dialogue box opens up that says Business Catalyst on the title bar but the box is white and then disappears.  On the right side where it has the Business Catalyst tab that says "Login" and the button does nothing. No response at all. If I select Site -> Manage Sites and select either Import Business Catalyst Site or New Business Catalyst Site  the
dialogue box opens up that says Business Catalyst on the title bar but the box is white and then disappears.

Everything else works (I can log in to the Phone Gap service), but anything related to BC will not work at all. If I login using Muse all is ok. Muse is on same machine as dreamweaver CS6 .On another windows 7 machine using dreamweaver cs5.5 I can log in to BC just fine. Just from dreamweaver CS6 I have this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to me like you installed the Business Catalyst extension for Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad you are correct I did install the Business Catalyst extension in dreamweaver cs5.5 but did not install the extention in dreamweaver cs6. Cs6 is on one windows 7 machine and cs5.5 on different one.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then usually when I have issues with DW I always delete the DW Cache file before doing anything else. It almost always fixes the problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2260933#2260933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information... Did delete the cache files..... notice that there are two directories called configuration and configuration-1.... After I subscribed to the creative cloud I applied the updates. Any cae deleted both .dat files and still same problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "once you subscribed ...."

Does that mean you had the DW stand alone from Master collection installed then subscribed to the cloud?

If so, you may be experiencing a conflict in registered users. Is your DW registered to the same Adobe ID of your Business Catalyst stuff?

Just trying to eliminate possible causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed master collection as a standalone (no creative cloud) never used Business catalyst.... then in decemeber I subscribed to the creative cloud. but never downloaded the dreamweaver application from the cloud. Just ran the adobe application manager.... which supplied the updates.... My adobe ID is the same for both DW and BC....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity then I would install the cloud version of DW. That way we know that would be in sync .... only takes a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok did not think that.... but when I try to download DW (the try link) i get a pop up that says need Adobe application manger unning... which if it is running.... all applications are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines