invert webcam

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My webcam seems OK. At least cheese shows correctly under kubuntu 12.04,

But when i checked it via

http://www.testmycam.com/

i see inverted image. So how can i invert back personally for adobe? I.e. How to run

export LIBV4LCONTROL_FLAGS=3 && LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libv4l/v4l1compat.so

as suggested there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inverted images are usually a cause of an incompatible driver.  you may want to see if there is an update for your video card.

if you'd like to follow the example above, open the terminal/konsole app and type what you see above followed by the browser app you plan to use.  i'm not suggesting you do so but the command would look like this:

export LIBV4LCONTROL_FLAGS=3 && LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libv4l/v4l1compat.so firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, adobe not officially suported in but guess, google chrome browsers. In google chrome i have same issue. This workaround doesn't work so i wonder why flashe doesn't use v4l2 drivers at all. At least i don't see lib*v4l2*.so libraries in address space of chrome. Besides, unlike to cheese and other webcam tools, image doesn't changed regardless to v2l settings (v4l2ucp) i.e. allways reverted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines