• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong NetStatusEvent codes for multicast player

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a simple multicast player using actinscript 3 which works fine and plays multicast stream well . Although when stream should fail . Or even if I stop Flash Media server it returns success  codes : "NetConnection.Connect.Success" ,"NetStream.Connect.Success" and "NetStream.Play.Start" . I cant detect  it when multicast stream fails in flash player. I need to switch to unicast stream if multicast fails and I cant detect a failure because of wrong status. 

Why I am getting wrong status ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

"NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset" does not depend on the version of FMS. Also, "NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset" event is dispatched, if the publisher for that instance of the named stream stops, the playing client resets to another instance of the named stream.

In your case if you are able to playback the stream, you will definitely receive "NetStream.Buffer.Full" before the start of the playback. If you are not receiving this event, then the playback will not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone from adobe check this ? When I do nc.connect("rtmfp:") and even though there is no flash media server on my local network I still get all success code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any one from adobe staff cares to reply on this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When we do nc.connect("rtmfp:"), it means we are using IP multicast. It uses routers to send data to a specified IP address. The routers send the data to any client registered to an IP multicast group. So, for this even if no flash media server is there on the network, you will get NetConnection.Connect.Success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhishek

Thanks a lot  . I was digging it over net for last 3 days and didnt find anything . I really appreciate your response.

Even though there is no stream I get NetStream.Connect.Success , NetStream.Play.Reset  and  NetStream.Play.Start after NetConnection.Connect.Success .

Since I am trying to rollback to unicast stream I need to know somehow that user couldnt play stream or is not on expected flash server network . Is there any way to find that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I noticed that when player successfully plays video I receive 2 more status

"NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset" and NetStream.Video.DimensionChange" . Can I always say that  "NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset" will be always received when video plays ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using NetStream.Buffer.Full status code. In case of video being played back, you will definitely receive "NetStream.Buffer.Full" status code. So, you can set a Timer and if you are not getting Buffer.Full status within that given time then you can say that user is not on expected flash server network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked that and I never receive "NetStream.Buffer.Full" . Here is status list in order I receive them .

NetConnection.Connect.Success

NetStream.Connect.Success

NetStream.Play.Reset

NetStream.Play.Start

NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset

NetStream.Video.DimensionChange

Even though I receive NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset all the time I wanted to make sure that it doesnt depend on FMS version .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset" does not depend on the version of FMS. Also, "NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset" event is dispatched, if the publisher for that instance of the named stream stops, the playing client resets to another instance of the named stream.

In your case if you are able to playback the stream, you will definitely receive "NetStream.Buffer.Full" before the start of the playback. If you are not receiving this event, then the playback will not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines