Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old CS3 installation error

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have just spent a 2nd night trying to install CS3 onto a re formatted laptop. I have uninstalled , used the removal tool etc but I still get the same errors! I am using Windows Vista

Does anyone know a way around this? Please see screengrab below.

cs3.jpg

Thanks for your help with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

you must follow the instructions to download:

Note: Very Important Instructions

Other Direct Download Links
CS6
Acrobat XI
Lightroom 4
Elements 11
Captivate 6

You need to have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links.  Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “resume your download” message prevent­ing the connection.  So please follow these instructions carefully or the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download a matching c3 trial here after uinstalling and cleaning your previous install:  http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

if you see an access denied page, you haven't followed all the directions for downloading.

use your serial number to install/activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.... I clicked it and got this error :-

HTTP ERROR: 404 /support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

RequestURI=/support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to the page.

Follow the Very Important Instructions first (steps 0 to 6 inclusive)

Then click the download link and you'll get CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you must follow the instructions to download:

Note: Very Important Instructions

Other Direct Download Links
CS6
Acrobat XI
Lightroom 4
Elements 11
Captivate 6

You need to have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links.  Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “resume your download” message prevent­ing the connection.  So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!

1. Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, firewalls or antivirus software.
  2. Click «here» to visit this page like you want to try Photoshop CS6, and then select the “Download Now” button at the bottom.
  3. If you already have an Adobe ID, then please sign in with it (checking “Remember me“), otherwise take a minute to create one for yourself.
  4. Wait a moment and then close/cancel any download windows that pop up for the trial of Photoshop CS6 (you can do a full trial for it later).
  5. Now that you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, you can instantly download any of the software below.  Just make sure you have plenty of disk space available.
  6. Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
  7. Then follow the product installation instructions here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both...That seems to be working now...I never read instructions...I think I will from now on!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's always a last resort for many of us.

(and, you're welcome.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file downloaded no problem, But I am still getting the same  error ! I called support & had an online chat with them too... They do not seem to know what the problem is or even help...The said call the helpline which I did and was left waiting for almost an hour.... I can not belive that I spet almost £1000 on this software a few years back and I can not even get suppport to help me reinstal it .

Does anyone have any further clues how I can get this installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall

Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool over five times now. I still get the same problems as the 1st Screen grab...I also get this when I try and launch Dreamweaver (I tried to open it as it says it is installed)

dw1.jpg

Thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks......I tried that too.....but still get the same arror when reinstalling! Why is it so complicated? Whould Adobe not give me a free (or cheap) upgrade to CS5 or 6 to try and bypass this problem? They do not seem to want to help ..even though I paid a fortune for the software! I know its old now but at the time it cost me neaqrly £2000 ( with a course) I feel robbed ! Thanks to you all for your suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which solutions did you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st I tried uninstalling and running the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool ... Then downloaded the trial as advised on message 2. I got the exact same error when doing this. I uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times ( using the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool after each uninstall) . I then ran the LicenseRecovery.exe ( Solution 1 ) and Set the FLEXnet Licensing Service to Manual and start the service ( Solution 2) and also Renamed the FLEXnet folder (Solution 3) ....I then wondered if I was meant to do this when the part installed CS3 was installed of uninstalled so and it takes ages to install & uninstall I did not try any more solutions. I would think that it should be much easier to install than this....All I really need ( as I need an urgent webpage update) is just Dreamweaver installed. But I can not even seem to get that working...It opens then comes up with the License error (even though I can not even enter the licence code as I have not got that far yet!) and it just shuts down..... Any advice appreciated Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're 1/2 way through the suggested abode solutions.

i detect your frustration but i don't think you have much choice but to proceed with the other suggestions or give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad, I have now completed every process show....and now when I run setup just the 1st launcher opens...then nothing! I have tried rebooting and running as admin of the cd...also the trial version I downloaded ( from the link on this thread) will not get past this either..... I am running out of things to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh man.  this is pretty tough but there are more things to try:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-installation-problems-creative-suite-6.html

and, before you get too discouraged, the title of this page is promising: 

Troubleshoot installation problems (Adobe Creative Suite 3.x on Windows Vista)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Just an update. I tried contacting customer service but was told as my product was so old I would get no support. I decided to take drastic action...I reinstalled Windows Vista...and then installed CS3 before I intsalled the service pack 2 update...and it worked!

Thanks for all your help

Hopefully it will still work after the service pack 2 update...which I am now installing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

drastic action is an understatement. 

after all this, you deserve years of productive use of cs3.  and, i hope that update worked without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines