• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4.7 is good, but _SLOW_!

Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me, or does FB 4.7 hang after about an hour and a half of serious coding?

When I fire it up, it runs sweetly and has lots of nice features, but after a bit of work, I find it can take twenty seconds or more _just_to_type_and_see_a_character_on_the_screen_!

That is _really_ irritating and only rectifies with a restart of FB.

There has to be a better way.

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaius,

Couple of questions, answers to which would help us resolve your issue better :

1. Are you on Flash Builder 32 bit or 64 bit?

2. Are there multiple projects in your workspace? What would be the size of your projects and the no. of class files?

3. Is the slowness observed in editor for files of any size or is it a particular file you are facing this issue in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guriya,

Can I also draw your attention to this; https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-35854 This bug prevents me from adopting FB 4.7 - which I would like to do - because I quite literally cannot use it with two of my most major customers.

1. I am on a 64-bit machine, FB4.6 is 32-bit, FB4.7 is 64-bit.

2. Yes, there are multiple projects, but I have closed them all other than the one I am working on and a library project it requires. (The library is still in development and I need to be able to do code introspection for debugging in any case which is why I am not just using the .SWC). The number of class files is as you would expect for a large, mature application... Possibly thousands, I don't know, I've never needed to count them and have no idea how I would go about it in any case.

3. Slowness appears to have absolutely no relationship to _what_ I am editing. I can edit a file very quickly early on in the day, then go in to make a one line change in the same file later in the day and find it simply chugs and chugs and chugs.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gaius,

Can you send the heap dump just when the editor tends to get slow as you mentioned?

For getting the heap dump, get the PID of FlashBuilder from Task Manager.

Go to command prompt and change directory to your jdk location > bin folder, (your bin folder would be having jmap.exe)

Type the below command :

jmap -dump:format=b,file="C:\heap.txt" <pid>

Send the generated heap.txt file to gkalyaniATadobeDOTcom

For bug https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-35854

Can you send across the workspace log, located at your <FBWorkspace>/.metadata/.log file to the above mentioned email id?

Also, do not use an old 4.6 workspace. Create a new one for 4.7 and import the required projects from the old workspace.

Regards,

Guriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have emailed you with details on the crash bug first - I confirm that I have created a new workspace and imported just the one project into it and it makes no difference,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaius,

By looking at the log it looks like the project setup is causing this issue.

Can you send us the  .actionScriptProperties file of the project from the FB 4.6 and FB 4.7 workspaces ?

We would like to analyze the file before (in 4.6) and after import (in 4.7).

Thanks

Sreenivas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sreenivas,

I have emailed zips of both files to Guriya as I don't have your email.

Thanks,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaius,

The log files and actionScriptFiles seem to indicate the following.

1. FB 4.6 and FB 4.7 have been run pointing to them to same workspace. (The log shows -ws win32 -arch x86_64 and -ws win32 -arch x86)

2. The ini file has been edited to pass some custom options which seem to be -data E:\Slidepath\InternalSVN\FB47_flex or -data E:\tweak\flex in different runs. Does this also mean you have extra plugins which process this information ?

3. Lot of Null pointer exceptions in a gustavo_mobile_module project for Android which seems to suggest the project is corrupted.

4. The latest actionScriptProperties files you have sent are not for the PBWorkspace.log file but a different project.

I think it might be better to have a connect session by which we can actually see the issue happening which will also enable to us to see the different steps you are using while running into this issue.

Please let me know whether you will be able to spare sometime and do a connect session with us.

I am working out of Adobe Bangalore, India office. Please let me know your location and availability so that we can schedule a meeting.

Thanks

Sreenivas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sreenivas,

I am based in Dublin, Ireland.

I ought to try to untangle a few issues - my fault for chucking them all into this thread!

1. There is the MXML editing that causes complete failure of FB4.7 - these are the actionscript properties files I sent you and the original logs I sent to Guriya

2. There is the slow running after a period of work issue - these are as per the problematic workspace I subsequently sent logs for

Issue 1 is my main priority - it causes a total collapse of the system and is reproducible, every time, in two clicks. It is the sole reason I cannot migrate all my work to FB4.7.

Issue 2 is harder to replicate - I am not sure of the cause, it seems to be to do with a lot of switching between files to edit and make changes and seems to require about an hour or two of coding to provoke it in any case. So I am not sure how easy it will be for you to witness it on a web meeting.

However, I am more than happy to schedule a meeting to go through this if it is useful. I am on a major deadline until Tuesday, but if you would like to email me directly, we can organise it? gaiuscoffeyATgdcsoftDOTcom

Thanks,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problems.  I've changed my eclipse.ini file settings per Adobe FB4.7 installation recommendations and still having poor performance.  Having to restart FB4.7 every few minutes.  I've also changed the FlashBuilder.ini file to Xmx2048 and sitll no improvement.

Grateful for any Adobe expert out there who can recommend a fix.  Developing in FB4.7 at this point is useless.

Please help, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am out of the office until Tuesday, January 22nd. If you require an urgent answer, please try contacting me by mobile. Otherwise, I will respond to email on my return.

Thanks,

Gaius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just notice something odd.  Looking in the eclipse.ini file I see a reference to the plugins folder:

--launch library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.100.v20110502

Is that correct for a 64 installation for Flash Builder 4.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyclex,

we were able to address Gaius issue by tracing it to a cyclic reference of MXML components with events. I don't think the same fix would work for you as he was unable to open a particular MXML file in the IDE.

Can you reproduce the issue you are facing in a simple Flex project or it is happening with a particular project you are working on ?

Would you be able to do a connect session showing this issue ? I am working from Bangalore, India office.

If you can let us know your location and availability we would like to do a connect session and understand the issue better so that we can find a solution.

The win32 plugin is correct for the 64bit installation.

You can mail me at sramaswaATadobeDOTcom

Thanks

Sreenivas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am out of the office until Tuesday, January 22nd. If you require an urgent answer, please try contacting me by mobile. Otherwise, I will respond to email on my return.

Thanks,

Gaius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can make myself available over the next couple days between 9am and 5pm Mountain Standard Time

Information contained within this email is confidential and proprietary. Disclosure is prohibited without consent from Cyclex Solutions or its partners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks,

Gaius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please send a mail to sramaswaATadobeDOTcom so that I can send you the connect and conferencing details to your personal mail.

I will setup a meeting for Thursday 9 AM your time or Friday 9 AM in case you do not see this in time.

Thanks

Sreenivas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I had the same issue: the MXML-Editor crashed when opening MXML files. To be more specific, this was the behavior:

1) Switch to new (empty) workspace exclusively used by FB4.7

2) Create new Mobile Project and create/edit new MXML ==> worked

3) import Project from Harddrive (which was created with FB4.7) with only a very basic MXML ==> worked

4) import Project from Harddrive (which was created with FB4.7) which contained at least one MXML with a namespace reference to another Project ==> DID NOT WORK

I reproduced this by creating a new Project as described in Step 2. MXML editing worked fine. Then I imported the MXML-File with the "wrong" namespace attribute ("xmlns:s="path.from.some.other.project"). From then on, MXML was not possible anymore with ANY of the MXML-Files.

I then edited the said MXML file by removing the "wrong" namespace and everything worked fine again.

I noticed this because I wanted to use a specific MXML file from another project and just copied it to the new project.To me it seemed as if the namespace makes the editor crash.

This is definitely a bug that has to be fixed by Adobe, since wrong MXML-Tags should not be a problem for the IDE!

Don't know if you guys have the same preconditions, but maybe it works in your case too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I found the bug: I had an MXML called MobileIconItemRenderer.mxml. The Component included another component of the same type. When using this file, the MXML-Editor crashes. However, when you change the tag <renderer:MobileIconItemRenderer> to some other component, it works again!

To me it seems as if the editor can not cope with recursively nested MXML-Components!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:ItemRenderer xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

initialize="onInitialize(event)"

width="100%" xmlns:renderer="ch.clx.igh.dataselect.puremvc.view.utils.list.renderer.*"

>

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import mx.events.FlexEvent;

import ch.clx.igh.dataselect.puremvc.view.utils.list.MobileList;

public static const NAME:String = "MobileListIconItemRenderer";

//-----------------------------------

// Event names

public static const SHOW_CALLOUT:String = NAME + "ShowCallout";

// private variables

private var _calloutTimer:Timer = new Timer(700);

// Event Handlers

protected function onInitialize(event:FlexEvent):void{

Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.TOUCH_POINT;

addEventListener(MouseEvent.RIGHT_MOUSE_DOWN, onTouchBegin);

addEventListener(MouseEvent.RIGHT_MOUSE_UP, onTouchEnd);

addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_BEGIN, onTouchBegin);

addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_END, onTouchEnd);

_calloutTimer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, onCalloutTimer);

}

protected function onTouchBegin(event:Event):void {

_calloutTimer.start();

}

protected function onTouchEnd(event:Event):void{

_calloutTimer.stop();

_calloutTimer.reset();

}

protected function onCalloutTimer(event:TimerEvent):void {

_calloutTimer.stop();

_calloutTimer.reset();

dispatchEvent(new Event(MobileList.SHOW_CALLOUT, true));

}

]]>

</fx:Script>

<s:Image source="{CatalogeView.icons_detail}"

height="100%"

x="10"

focusRect="true"

click="onImageClick(event)"

/>

<renderer:MobileIconItemRenderer id="renderer"

data="{this.data}"

styleName="catologeItem"

decorator="{CatalogeView.pic_arrow}"

width="100%"

height="65"

label="{data.j+': '+data.d}"

iconScaleMode="letterbox"

/>

</s:ItemRenderer>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any chance for that fix that Sreenivas received? I think I've bumped into the very same issue. I can see that someone posted the file here - http://cloudoflakitu.blogspot.com/2013/11/flash-builder-47-freezes-opening-mxml.html, but it's long gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines