• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting multiple audio channels from Premiere Pro CS6 in MXF OP1a

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Premiere Pro project with multiple audio channels and I want to export them as individual channels in a MXF-file.

Method:

When I created a new sequence I choose "Multichannel" from the "Tracks" page. When I export the MXF OP1a, I choose 8 channels from the "Audio" page. I make sure that none of the channels are muted.

Result:

The rendered file contains 8 channels as I want it to, but only the first two channels contains audio (main left + right), the rest of the channels are empty. Channel 1 and 2 contains the audio from all channels, but I want the channels to be seperated in the same way as they are layered in Premiere.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into the Mixer for the sequence and route the tracks as desired.

Multichannel Mix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres more info that might help. Even though its a tutorial for 5.1 mix. It mentions things that might apply to you.

https://vimeo.com/38501157#at=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

It was the routing part I missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I still have a problem.

When I export my my project with the correct routing (first track routed to 1+2, second track routed to 3+4, third track routed to 5+6 and so on), the MXF-file now contains audio on seperated tracks (as I want) but when I view the MXF-file in VLC only the audio from channel 1 + 2 is active. The rest of the audio from all other tracks are muted/not turned on. How can this be?

If I set my routing so that all tracks are routed to channel 1+2 I get all the audio from my project in the VLC video file, but then I miss the seperation of the audio to seperate tracks in the MXF-file - all audio is merged together in track 1+2. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly a VLC limitation.  (And probably applies to most players.)

If you want to hear all of the audio, export out the normal stereo mix.  Multichannel is more for use in further post work or broadcast, not a finished file for general use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like it might be a problem with VLC. You should post a note on their board.

http://forum.videolan.org/index.php

I know of a bug where VLC cant play back MXF OP1a AVC 23.976 files correctly. I let them know about it, they acknowledged the bug  and they were pretty noncommittal about fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's for 30i files, no?  My 24p files play fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video plays fine but the audio plays fast then dies. Its not 24, it 23.976 files that are MXF OP1a AVC-100. They said that VLC doesnt interpret the audio sample rate correctly. And said others have let them know about this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually my MXF-file has a frame rate of 25 fps and I have the problem described above. There is only audio from channel 1+2 and never audio from the rest, it doesn't even play fast and dies, it never plays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a different issue then I am experiencing. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 23.976 files play fine, Tom.  It's my 29.97 files that have funky audio playback with VLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way you could please try to render a small piece of your project in 25 fps, just to se if VLC is the problem or if I am doing something wrong? That would be a big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but you are not talking about the MXF-format any more? I can only render the MXF-file with the frame rate of 25 fps. so your issues with frame rates of 23,976 and 29,97 are not MXF-files, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I am talk about is with MXF OP1a AVC-100 29.97 file. They do not play audio correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right. Do you have any experience with the XDCAMHD 50 PAL 4:2:2 codec? Or is it a general problem for many players to play MXF-formats?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry. I dont have any experience with PAL. I live in the US which is strictly NTSC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly a VLC limitation.  (And probably applies to most players.)

If you want to hear all of the audio, export out the normal stereo mix.  Multichannel is more for use in further post work or broadcast, not a finished file for general use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right. Thank you!

As i mentioned I experience he same problem when uploading til file to Youtube, but perhaps that same limitation from VLC is also presant in Youtube's player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Like I said, a multichannel export is not for normal use.  Use stereo for a finished edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake Jim. Thanks for catching that. It is an issue with 29.97 files. At least I got it right when I reported it to VLC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I'm having problems exporting an 8 channel audio mxf for a broadcast client. The mix they want is as follows:

Track 01: Full Programme Mix L

Track 02: Full Programme Mix R

Track 03: International Sound L

Track 04: International Sound R

Track 05: Music and Effects L

Track 06: Music and Effects R

Track 07: VO Mono

Track 08: Interview Mono

I have setup the sequence following this video on vimeo and am fairly confident I have the sequence settings correct. https://vimeo.com/38501157

I also can export a multichannel mxf. But all my tracks are exported as mono and I am therefore not maintaining my L and R as set up in my sequence

The problem is on exporting that since Tracks 01 and 02 are bounced down to 1 + 2 it means that my Track 01 (Panned L) is getting bounced down onto my Track 02 aswell and thus it does not remain seperate. Has anyone delivered a similar format for a broadcaster and come across this problem with Premiere Pro and know a solution?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Eamonn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please type your posts in the Adobe forums by hand.  Copy/Paste leaves unwanted code throughout.

style="background-color: #e7e7e7; font-family: adobe-clean, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines