• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Definitions List - No Scroll

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large color definitions list that matches my standard swatches in Illustrator.

I want to go in and thin out some old/obsolete swatches (color definitions).

I've recently upgraded to FrameMaker 11. I cannot scroll in the Color Definitions Name field. I use the drop down arrow to dig into the list, but the list itself won't scroll. Hovering on the scroll arrow does nothing. Clicking it just selects that color at the bottom of the list.

Ideas? Is there any other way to scroll through the list or see the list?

I'm in FrameMaker 11.0.1

View > Color > Definitions...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

If you're sure about the colours you don't need any more, you can save out as .mif and clean the result in a text editor; then open the edited .mif in FM, check for surprises and save as .fm  Save backups of everything first, of course ;-

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, your screen shot didn't come through. Could you please try again (use the Camera icon in the edtor to attach the image from your computer).

Guessing, I suspect that it may be a bug - you might have passed a maximum in the list setup. Other functions with lists (e.g. Zoom levels) have been compromised in this release as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your suspicion is correct... Bug. No mattter what I try, I cannot scroll this window.

Is there any other way to list color definitions so I can manage them?  Why would there be a maximum? Would that matter in this case, though? If I had even one more than is shown in this screen cap, I can't get to it. As it is, I have about 50 or 60 color definitions.

FMColorDefsWindow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're sure about the colours you don't need any more, you can save out as .mif and clean the result in a text editor; then open the edited .mif in FM, check for surprises and save as .fm  Save backups of everything first, of course ;-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a good work around... thanks! But, still trying to figure out how to scroll this window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It scrolls but not the way one expects. In the color list, drag your mouse down and out of the window, below the bottom. The colors scroll up to show the remaining list. That is why the little arrow is there.

My list is not much longer than what shows originally. So, I do not know what happens when the list is two or three times the length of the window. Probably one has to drag UP and out of the top of the window.

I admit that it is not an obvious way to scroll the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Van says, it's a very poor implementation of th scroll list. I just created an Indexed PNG to get a large list of values for the colours to test this out.

You have to click&hold on the arrow at the lower left and then drag the pointer down *outside* of the list window to start to scroll. On a fast machine, it just jumps to the end. If you let go, the list disappears. When you're past the first screen of the list, there's also an up arrow at the top that behaves in a similar way.

The FM UI designer must have been having a very bad day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Van and Arnis. It works for me as you described. I must have a very fast machine; I cannot stop the list before it scrolls to the bottom... making some of the color definitions in the middle hard to get to.

I appreciate it. I learned something today... more questions all the time! Inquisitive mind... you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines