Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Power failure during installation of CS6

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was in the process of installing Photoshop CS6 when the mains was cut off and the computer shut down unexpectedly. The program now won't install and the error message is "Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file" I have restarted the computer and closed all applications , but to no effect. I would be very grateful for ay suggestions how to proceed. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall.

Run the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have run the cleaner tool as you suggested for CS6, but it says there are no sessions to delete. Also I can't find any Adobe application in the applications folder. It was about 3 minutes into installing when the power cut. CleanApp shows Adobe files, but I'm not sure whether I should delete these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, Now that generic things dont seem to be working so well, can you now tell what OS are you on? any screenshots?

you can attach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its a brand new iMac OSX 10.8.2. There are no other Adobe products on it. The only reference I can find to Adobe is in Utilities under Adobe Applications Manager where there are a number of files.   Hope this is helpful.              Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 00.42.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you to use - http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html and clean whatever you installed.

and then reinstall from the beginning.

That should do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines