• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player does not work in Internet Explorer 10 on Microsoft Windows 8

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Google Chrome and IE10 have their own automatic update system, however, any site requiring me to use adobe flash player to view videos does not work no matter what I try. I have:

1. Used the desktop version of IE versus that Start version and both provide me with the same message.
  2. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but I receive an error message stating that Flash player is already installed and I know that it is not because I have unistalled it. I received this message: Installer encountered an error: 0x80248000
  3. I even used Ccleaner to hopefully remove any files that were left behind.
  4. I have gone to Tools, then compatibility settings, unchecked automatic update list from Microsoft. there are no websites on that list t remove.
  5. I have double-checked that the flash player add-on is enabled.
  6. I have also checked security settings and enabled Scripting for Java
  7. I have also made sure that I disabled ActiveXFiltering.
  8. Basically, I have tried to use Adobe's websites to figure out the issue at the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html#main-pars_header_1

None of the tips fixed my issue.

I have Windows 8, recently upgraded from Windows 7. I have a 64-bit machine, when I tried, just in case I was wrong, to install 32-bit, I receive an error. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone may provide. Is there a customer service number by any chance for software we have not paid for but instead it comes with our computers? I really need to be able to use discussions and watch Teachertube, youtube, and other videos to complete grad schools assignments.

Please help me!

I

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might have additional software on your system that is interfering with Flash Player.  You mentioned that this is happening for both Chrome and Internet Explorer, correct?  I've got a similar system (Win 8 upgraded from 7, 64bit) and I've never had any problems.

I'd recommend trying to temporarily disable any security, antivirus, firewall software that you have running.  You might also want to try starting in Safe Mode with Networking enabled (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode) to see if Flash works once all utilities and services have been disabled.

Finally, do either of these links play video back?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

I have tried unsuccessfully to view the HTML5 video before, sadly I can sroll across, like I want to skip to a certain scene but the main image/video remains black. The same goes for the Non-HTML5 video. I have norton and have temporarily disabled it. I will work through the Safe Mode option now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

I did as you suggested. Thank you by the way but the steps you provided still did not work. I disabled my firewall, I even tried the videos again. I restarted my computer in Safe Mode and when I went to the youtube site, I still got the red ban across the top requesting that I install Adobe Flash Player. Please tell me you have more advice/steps I can take.

Thanks, Juanita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what's could be going wrong.  Would you be interested in doing a short desktop sharing session with me so I can take a look?  I can't make any promises that I'll be able to fix it but I would like to understand what's going on.  If that works for you, please send email to ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines