• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates for CS4 not installing

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been able to install updates on CS4. I keep getting an error message "Run this update again". I've tried turning off the firewall, but this makes no difference. I am using Windows 7 on my PC. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you are running Windows 7 64-bit. CS 4 is a lot older than that. Try manually downloading the updates from the Adobe website. That might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I'm running Windows 7 on 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What products? Per se there is no reason why updates should not apply just because of Win 7, but just like today in Cs6, back then there already were conflicts where product A had been updated but this prevented product B from running any updates. Manually downloading might be a start, but there's a chance you may have to reinstall from scratch and start over after running the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply. I did uninstall CS4 and re-installed it again. I'll try running the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool. I'm not an expert with photoshop, so I would manually download the update directly from the this website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines