• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrading to windows 8

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I install Photoshop 7.0 on Windows 8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsofts Compatibility Center says, there is a 90% chance you will get it running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi moccamaximum,

Photoshop 7 has not been tested and has compatibilty issues with Windows 8.

As mentioned on the link provided by you, there are still 10% chances of failure.

Adobe does not declare a product version to be compatible with any OS unless there is 100% compatibility.

So you can try installing it but we do not guarantee that all features will work on that platform.

The current version of Photoshop is CS6 (ver.13) which is compatible with Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I acknowledge that the sample size is a bit small, what is Adobes standpoint on the issue that according to these numbers the chance of failure with Photoshop CS6 on Windows 8 is much higher than with the older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi moccamaximum,

I have already stated Adobe's standpoint in the post above. We do not check Windows forums to check our product's compatibility with the OS instead we test it in house before releasing.

I suggest try installing PS7 on Windows 8 and check for yourself if it works fine for you or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop 7 predates Photoshop CS 1 in 2003. I do not care what Microsoft says it will not run in Windows 8 well, especially if you have the 64-bit version of Windows 8. New computers and new operating systems frequently require new software. If you are talking about Photoshop Elements 7, that is whole different kettle of fish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines