Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics bloat after page dimensions change

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(FM10 on Win7x64)

I faintly recall reading a similar symptom elsewhere in the forum, but unfortunately I don't recall where.

Before changing page dimensions from USL to A4, references graphics (.pdf, .png, .gif), a file prints well, with fine lines.

After changing page dimensions, in FM, PDF Setup, and Distiller, the lines and text in the graphics bloat: thicker, slightly fuzzy. Even when I change page dimensions back to the original USL, the graphics are bloated.

Text from the FM file looks equally good in both cases, so this appears to be something that pertains only to the graphics.

Print dialog settings in Acrobat do not appear to change the behavior. I can specify Actual Size or Fit and get the same result.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Are you seeing this bloat in the FM file or just the resulting PDF file? Is this happening for all imported graphics? Are the graphics raster or vector and what formats? Were the exact same joboptions used?

Could you please post before & after screen captures illustrrating this phenomena.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this bloat in the FM file or just the resulting PDF file? Is this happening for all imported graphics? Are the graphics raster or vector and what formats? Were the exact same joboptions used?

Could you please post before & after screen captures illustrrating this phenomena.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the prompt follow-up.

Good news: Someone substituted printers on me.   The samples weren't from the same printer.

The pdf's were identical.

I was able to increase resolution enough with Distiller settings for Images.

What a great way to head into the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines