• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easy way to get an AIR app published from Robohelp onto an Android tablet?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to get my AIR help on to a tablet. Is this possible if I'm creating it with Robohelp?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum Josh.

Good question. When AIR Help was introduced, support was for Windows, MAC and Linux. AIR Help is an application developed using the AIR technology and it relies on the AIR Runtime. Support for the AIR Runtime Linux stopped at the 2.6 version of the runtime but AIR Help can still be run on all three platforms, subject to that limitation for Linux.

Looking now at Adobe's site there is reference to AIR applications being deployed on newer platforms such as Android. I suspect though that such AIR apps would have to be built using later versions of the AIR SDK than were available to the RoboHelp developers when they produced AIR Help. To the best of my knowledge, it has not been modified to work on Android or similar systems.

I will try to find out more and will post back with what I find.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Did you make any progress investigating the use of Airhelp on Android?

Also, I could ask the same question about Airhelp on iOS...

(apologies if this is elsewhere on the forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no changes to AIR Help in RoboHelp 10.

If you are looking to put help on an Android and / or iOS device, the HTML5 outputs in Rh10 are the way to go and they can be created from your existing content.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 also supports generating a native app for android. I’ve only heard of one person who used this and I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t tell you much about it.

Here’s the link to the help topic on generating a native app: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSe887ca7d317bc0ec38aab253138007375b9-8000.html

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4607001#4607001

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp