• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 being very slow, since upgrading to Mountain Lion, 2 days not using it

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 being very slow, since upgrading to Mountain Lion, 2 days not using it and design jobs sitting a waiting and costing me. Why is this happening?

I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up, I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up,I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up,I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up...............

Everything was fine until I upgraded to Mtn. Lion on my iMac.

I bet if I downloaded some other edit software I wouldn't be having this problem, matter of fact that's an idea.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried all the different GPU options in the Photoshop - Preferences - Performance dialog (making sure to restart Photoshop for each test)?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen some problems with fonts and the OS font cache in Mountain Lion (MacOS 10.8).

Beyond that we haven't heard of anything that would cause a slowdown.

It is possible that some third party plugins won't be compatible with 10.8, so you might try disabling any third party plugins you have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any, even went in to the folder labeled "Plug-ins" and the only one had Adobe in its name, so no 3rd party.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you have something wrong on your system that other people aren't seeing.

But I don't have your system to know what went wrong -- maybe a haxie, maybe a bad driver, maybe just problems with your disk.

Also, do make sure you didn't copy any obsolete Adobe plugins into the CS6 plugins folder -- the folder is just for third party stuff now (the Adobe plugins are in Required).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the plug-ins > file formats, there is one plug-in labelled "AdobePSDXFileLoader"...... I'm not even sure what it is for?

I deleted "AdobePSDXFileLoader" plug-in and it seems to work better. Then opened another and thought maybe it was size but oppened another about same size and it was working but its better than before.

Ps boots up fine, just when I start using it there was a problem..

I'll start using it and see how it goes..

thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSDX is from Photoshop Touch (on the iPad).

Another user was running low on RAM on their system, and changing preferences to use 128K tiles instead of 1024K reduced her memory usage and improved performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

must be the plug-in I downloaded from the cloud then.

I did that to but still the same.... I have a 27 inch iMac 1Tb, 4Gb RAM, before it was more like everything I clicked on but its better, still happens but not as frequent. I stared up Illustrator (2nd most used), Fireworks, Muse, Bridge, Dreamweaver seems fine and Lightroom had a slow moment.

Ps is the only one not working up to par so far and this happen as soon as I upgraded to Mtn Lion.

This is beginning to be a headache hehehe literially, I think I'm calling it a day. hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, pretty much the same thing ........ I would try changing to 32-Bit but I can't.......could before tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then we need to figure out where all that time is going on your system.

While Photoshop is acting slow, can you sample it from Activity Monitor.  The log will be a bit long, so it might be better to email it to me: ccox (at) adobe \dot\ com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look like I got it...sent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 32 bit Mac version of Photoshop CS6.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya, I know. It was in a previous version I did this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution and the scource of the problem!! (the problem is both adobe and apple)

My situation:

I have the same problem on the Macbook Air 2011 and Macbook Pro Retina 13".

Same response since Mountain Lion, and since the Photoshop CS6 beta (including latest updates),

and my -lame- solution so far is installing as English International and not middle east, and running on parallels' winXP for fixing texts....

The real problem:

The problem is that Apple's Mountain Lion handles multilingual fonts in a new/different way,

and that Adobe did the same its own way in the MiddleEast support on CS6 since they fused with Quicksoft.

The solution is to remove fonts:

1) Close Photoshop and open Font Book.

2) go to File->Export collection - so you can backup all your fonts (it will remove the one adobe installed too)

3) Add back to Font Book only 'Miriad Hebrew/Arabic' and 'Adobe Hebrew/Arabic' from your backup.

4) Check if it works fine and then close photoshop again. (try a few documents. it's okay if the first 1-2min react the same).

5) If it works, add only the fonts you bought (like fontbit/masterfont for hebrew). Maybe freeware/downloaded fonts risk to slow photoshop back.

It works for me (finally). I hope it works for you too.

I hope adobe will fit themself to the new OS since Apple will never go back. We need fonts....

I tryied to reinstall all adobe fonts back but it didn't resolved the problem... so only 'miriad' and 'adobe' is okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone is trying to track down the problems with the MiddleEastern composer and fonts on MacOS 10.8.

All the extra time is being spent in MacOS API calls, indicating a problem in those APIs.

But we still don't have details and will probably need to work with Apple to see why those APIs are taking *bloody forever* to return results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set at advanced switched it to Basic and turned it off. Still slow...... and uninstalled it and reinstalled, nothing

(....and I got another editor, hehehe it works fine ($30), what is it $1000 if I bought Ps cs6 Ext right out hmmmm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have the exact same problem "CS6 being very slow since upgrading to Mountain Lion"

tried everything mentioned above, it boots fine! but when i open any image "even extra small one" it loads very slow especially when I switch between tools. I installed cs5 it's working fine.

Thanks much,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing very slow response from Fireworks CS6 on Mountain Lion. Interacting with items on the canvas seems ok, but any time I attempt to expand a palette or click on a menu item, the app takes several seconds to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which can you need to post in the Fireworks forum, where they can help you with Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve the photoshop issue please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not totally, I might have to go through fonts and tossing some, its better than before thats for sure but I can't say solved yet because its not running as good as it was before the upgrade of Mtn Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I suffered the same problem for 4 days.  I am on the new MBP Pro Retina Display + Mountain Lion 16GB Ram, etc...

I first thought it was to do with retina display however no, that is not the case.

SOLUTION (sounds odd but works):

The only way I found to fix it, is setting photoshop to use the East Asian text engine instead of the Middle East one. (Prefs -> Type -> East Asian). Then restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please either email me on rishi@rjs.ae or post if this solution worked for you. I'd like to hear your feedback as I have been struggling for days... and after this fix, suddenly all problems disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has saved me 100500 nerves. Thanks!

Now i can work comfortably on my mac mini 816 (Mountain Lion with 16gb ram too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other solution? I have the same problem, but can't use this solution since I actaully use the midlle eastern text engine (I need to be able to write Hebrew).

Right now my PS is so slow it's unsuable- I get a beach ball after every action, even adding a layer.

Mac Pro Quad 2.66, 10 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines