• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a contact form / feedback form to my site?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create forms in Muse? Or are there any widgets that can create forms?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

While there isn't yet native support for web forms in Muse (they're on our roadmap), there are some workarounds until we get there. Dani created a rough-cut video on how to add a contact form to your Muse site using Business Catalyst. Go to our Past Events list of Jam Sessions http://www.adobekb.com/events.html#past and watch the Adding Contact Forums session:

Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 10.40.32 AM.png

Users have also reported success adding contact forms to their site using Adobe FormsCentral, Jotform, or Wufoo and inserting them via Obj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there isn't yet native support for web forms in Muse (they're on our roadmap), there are some workarounds until we get there. Dani created a rough-cut video on how to add a contact form to your Muse site using Business Catalyst. Go to our Past Events list of Jam Sessions http://www.adobekb.com/events.html#past and watch the Adding Contact Forums session:

Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 10.40.32 AM.png

Users have also reported success adding contact forms to their site using Adobe FormsCentral, Jotform, or Wufoo and inserting them via Object > Insert HTML.

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe (Removed broken AdobeTV link and added link to Jam session archives)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe please redirect to this video please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delay here. That Jam session was removed from AdobeTV. I've added a new link to the list of past Jam sessions above. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Corey,

Could you also fix the link to the Muse/Business Catalyst Integration video?

The link below is broken:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-rough-cuts/muse-advanced-cms-integration/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct link! :

http://tv.adobe.com/search/?q=muse+advanced+cms+integration

I just watched this and it was amazingly just exactly what I needed to know about the basics of Muse and BC integration, both what's available right now and looking forward. Feeling much more confident today about these possibilities. Thanks again you guys.

b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks b,

Sorry about that. The link (http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-feature-tour/muse-advanced-cms-integration/) was fixed, now it's broken again. I'm working on getting it re-fixed!

The MAX 2011 session you pointed to (http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-design/advanced-integration-techniques-for-muse-codename/) is good, but it's not the concise video that should accompany the Monkey Bar site. I'll update this thread when it's back up.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Corey, that Money Bar video was referenced in the MAX one, and I searched and searched  for it but couldn't find it. Please please do post it again, this is what I am trying to figure out today, in prep for a meeting tomorrow with my client who wants to be very involved with the BC part, but neither of us knows BC or how it ACTUALLY works with Muse. We have to determine if we can go the BC route (they need the whole shebang, email marketing, ecommerce, client updating, etc.).  Most of the BC tutorials and video talk about Dreamweaver/BC integration, not helpful for me.....  I think I've watched every Muse video available, and am starting on the past Jam sessions. I'm old-school and actually prefer a big thick manual, but nothing of the sort exists yet for Muse/BC.

Thanks.

Gray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gray,

Unfortunately, I don't personally have control over the content on AdobeTV, but I've notified the appropriate folks that the link is broken again. Thanks again for your patience.

Also, just to be clear about Muse and BC integration at this time... CMS features will not be part of the Muse 1.0 release. We intend to add CMS features to Muse in the future that will work with the Business Catalyst platform. BC already has CMS features (see http://www.businesscatalyst.com/product-tour/overview for more info), but Muse isn't yet able to take advantage of them natively.

Essentially, there isn't a simple, seamless workflow for integrating the CMS features of BC into Muse at this time. This is something the team is working on for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Corey, I do understand that the BC features will not yet be available natively in Muse, but I guess my question is, is Muse available in BC? In other words, if I create a site in Muse (which I am doing), and host it with BC, do I insert BC modules (for example Announcements or Forms) into the webpage content from the BC dashboard option, or do I somehow grab the module from BC and bring it back into Muse?  I'm guessing the answer if the former, for now. 

Gray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I DO get the module from BC, I'm just not sure how yet. That MAX video addresses this, but just shows the modules inserted into Muse via the Insert HTML feature, not how to actually create and select the HTML code in BC.   Much more BC study to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-feature-tour/muse-advanced-cms-integration/ is back up! Sorry for the inconvenience. I think the video will answer your question, but I'm not entirely sure. Again, the workflow hasn't really been sorted out at this time.

Best regards,
Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Corey. That is exactly what I needed to know, especially the template creation part, which the MAX show didn't cover. I guess I will have to brush up on my weak CSS skills to format some of the BC stuff coming into Muse, at least until they become more fully integrated. I never really mastered CSS, which is partly why I'm liking Muse so much. But this video does provide the basic concepts for BC/Muse at this point. Just need to learn much more BC next.... Their videos/tutorials all seem geared towards either using templates or DW, so not as good for me.

BTW, although the link you provided here does work, the links on the adobe Muse Tutorial page for this video still do not work (404). I know that's not you, but ...

Thanks again, your responsiveness and patience makes me happy that Adobe is supporting us Muse learners so well.

Gray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick question related to this topic - When you use the forms widget in the side menu panel, you can modify the text, fields and rearange them, however the "container" frame can not be resized, or at least i am having trouble in doing so?  Any tips on how to make that editable, if at all?  I would like to reduce the fame so i can reduce the page size.  Seems stuck in place.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your using the native Muse form widget, it sizes itself to be just big enough to contain all of it's parts. If it seems to be bigger than it needs to be, note that there's some status text that isn't visible in the default state of the form - select the form and switch to the 'submitting' state or the 'submission error' state to see where the status text is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines