• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having trouble with PS6 - it somehow has become a trial of the extended edition

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My purchased copy of PS6 suddenly statered showing a trial version screen when I launched it.  I uninstalled PS6, cleaned the registry, deleted the cookies and temp files.  I then re-download my copy of PS6 from the Adobe page, re-installed and it worked fine for two sessions. On the third session, once again the trial screen for the extended version (I bought the regular edition) appeared and either I elect to "continue trial" or quit, at wihcih time PS6 exits.  I just want to be able to use the Photoshop  I bought without the trial BS.  I paid for a full up version I want to use a fulup version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your question from the forum you originally posted in because it's for people learning the basics of Photoshop. This new forum is more likely to yield accurate answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sorry I posted to the wrong forum. Be even nicer if I could

e-mail Adobe and ask them for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more like a new question. I have been trying to load PS6 for the last three days. No luck. Nothing works. That intermediary thing further complicates the loading process and seems as if it should be unnecessary. And where did my CS3 go so at least I could work on photos. Please .... your explanations are not step by step enough for non-experts to follow. Either write in every single thing that needs to be done ... EVERY thing ... or have the courtesy to walk those of us who find it impossible through the installation process  over the phone. Or admit that you can't do it yourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Tphokid. I purchased Photoshop CS6, but recently it has started running as a trial of the Extended version and I keep getting the trial nagscreen with options "License This Software" or "Continue Trial" everytime I start Photoshop.

This is extremely annoying! I have no intention of buying the Extended version - I just want to be able to run the version I paid for, without getting this pop-up screen every time. Does anyone know how to fix this, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have exactly the same very anoying situation... purchased PS6, and it keeps defaulting to PS6 extended. Please tell me how to stop this happening.... Very anoying !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next time the nag screen appeared, I clicked on the "License This software" button and then entered my original CS6 serial number. Photoshop then reverted to the standard CS6 version and, so far,  it hasn't switched back to the Extended Trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this advice,
I'll try that next time I see the nag screen.... seasonal greetings everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it worked for a couple of edits through from LR4. but it has reverted back to the really anoying trial extented version...... really anoying !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are facing the same issue, please perform the step from the below document, it will resolve the issue.
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem, but nothing works. Just started telling me my Creative Cloud software can't run due to an inability to validate. Tried entering the serial number for Creative Cloud. Says that serial number isn't valid. Tried entering my Photoshop CS5 serial number. Says that serial number isn't valid. Problem is, the licensing manager says that my trial has expired and so it will no longer let me use Photoshop. I'm a licensed Creative Cloud member and my software is no longer available. This is completely unacceptable. Adobe support is only available Monday through Friday during office hours. Designers don't work office hours. I'm now losing hundreds of dollars on a critical working weekend with a serious deadline and no software available for use. Completely unacceptable. People, avoid these cloud-based systems! You will suffer the consequences. Never again for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am havint the same issue. Opening regular version of PS6 starts Adobe Manager asking me if I want to extend trial of Extended version. It then goes ahead and opens Extended for what's left of the trail period. I can put in my serial number as described in Adobe work around. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines