• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded Lr 4 but cannot install?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The below screenshot is the error message I receive when I attempt to install the software. I downladed the software again thinking there might have been an issue during the download, but I experience the same problem with the error messsage? I'm based in Asia and have found Adobe support terribly disappointing. I would appreciate any help in resolving this. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 3.03.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Most likely you have a corrupted download of the file. Try deleting it and downloading the latest version of Lightroom (4.2). Lightroom updates are the full installation package.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your system meets the specs. Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher 64 bit.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac - OS 10.8.2 - 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 10 GB RAM.

The probelm is when I click on the installer icon, an error message states "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4. pkg can't be opened. You should eject the disk image".

On a side note, I downloaded and installed CS6 without any problems on the same computer today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the system specs are ok, maybe a Mac expert might chip in and help.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you have a corrupted download of the file. Try deleting it and downloading the latest version of Lightroom (4.2). Lightroom updates are the full installation package.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are others with this problem:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1144922?tstart=0

there's a duplicate screenshot in the above thread showing the error and also an explanation that the downloaded dmg file was clicked and the pkg file should be clicked to install lr.

re-downloading was no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue shouldn't be about when the file was download, but about the specific download itself. Perhaps there was a hiccup in the network at the time of the download. If you have only tried downloading once and this error occurs, definitely delete the file you have and try again. Otherwise try downloading from a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that one before, so I'm moving this to the Installer forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the exact same problem. I just downloaded lightroom 4 today. I'm based in Singapore and I get prompted the exact same " eject disk image" as you. Have you rectified it? Please let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer's certificate is expired (expiry was Dec 15, 2012). Unfortunately, Apple's installer app doesn't tell this very obviously.

Here's what you can do to install the application:

1. Open "Terminal" app (you can use spotlight to open this)
  2. On the command line, run the command: open -a Installer
  3. Go to the mounted volume of the DMG (its name should appear as "Lightroom 4.0" on the left hand side), and click on the .pkg file within it
  4. It will give you some warnings about certificate. Click "Continue"
  5. Proceed with the rest of the installation

I faced the same issue today, and eventually figured out the root cause and used the above to install. Can't believe Adobe would ship out a software with an expired certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am getting this exact same problem.  I am based in Hong Kong and I just downloaded Lightroom today but have been unable to install it due to this error message. 

My second problem - I only got my Mac two days ago and I have very little idea how to use it at the moment!  I tried following AmodMalviya's instructions above but I got stuck on the second step... I managed to open the terminal app and I tried typing in the command, but nothing seems to happen.

I am not technically minded at all, so if someone could explain how to do this to me in the simplest terms possible it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5487

Download the 4.2 version. And use the same serial number that you got from Adobe. I can't believe Adobe is sending people a file that is not working.. It should work after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly, I'm trying that now....

I know, is crazy... I've found a few threads on here about the same issue, but the only response from Adobe is, 'download again, download with a different browser or try using a wired connection', which by the sounds of it, none of those options work!

I'll report back once the file has downloaded and let you know how I get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly with 4.2 - Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haha no worries, I was so irritated when I had the same problem. kong hei fatt choi! (happy new year in hk cantonese) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines