• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install .lst and .afm font files on Windows?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it.

My university tutor gave me a few font files in the form of .lst and .afm I assume these are the types of files you get when you package InDesign documents.

I'm just wondering if there's anyway to integrate it into Windows because changing the file format to .ttf or .otf doesn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

You don't need that .lst file. But you do need .pfb and .pfm files to go along with the .afm file (the pfb and pfm files have the same name as the .afm file). Place them in the same folder, then right-click the .pfm file and select Install. (In fact, you don't need the .afm file on Windows.)

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need that .lst file. But you do need .pfb and .pfm files to go along with the .afm file (the pfb and pfm files have the same name as the .afm file). Place them in the same folder, then right-click the .pfm file and select Install. (In fact, you don't need the .afm file on Windows.)

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The other files I got with the .afm's and .lst's were very small files, not even 1KB, compared to the 16KB .afm's. I think the files she's given me haven't been exported properly/all the data isn't there.

Anyway, thanks again for the help. I'll be able to keep what you've said in mind for any other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a very good chance those are Mac T1 fonts, and are totally useless on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been thinking that because my teacher is a notorious pro-Mac user. I guess I'll just grab a hold of a Mac for a while and see whether those fonts will be suitable, and if so, find a converter of some sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines