Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter freezing and Power Point crashing

Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Presenter 7.0 with all of the patches (up to 7.0.6) in Microsoft Office Power Point 2007.  At times while recording, Adobe Presenter would freeze, then I would receive a message that the Adobe Presenter add-in caused a serious problem in Power Point and Power Point would need to shut down.  I would lose any recording work and changes that I had made since the last time that I had closed out the recording mode.  I did some troubleshooting, removing Adobe Presenter 7.0 and reloading it with the patches.  This did not help.  I also upgraded to 7.0.7.  It seems to be even worse now.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

After some troubleshooting with Adobe support, it still continued to happen.  After a brief break and return to recording, I had the same problem and just happened to find the following in a Google search: http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/presenter-crashes.html.  So far (fingers crossed ) I have had no other incidents!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are doing audio or video recording ?

If you are doing audio recording then please keep mic level low. There is a know issue that if mic level high and overdrive the mic at time of recording then Presenter crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing audio recording only.  The freezing doesn't happen while I am in the middle of recording.  It sometimes happens when I am listening to a recording and pause it.  The screen shows that it is paused, but the recording keeps playing back. I wouldn't think that mic level would be related to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the audio crash when recording, so thanks for this comment... is there a headset you can recommend that allows one to maintain a low level?... by the way this never ocurred with 7.0.6 ... with 7.0.7 its constant, thinking of uninstalling ...

i do think this is all related, 7.0.7 seems to have issues with recording audio , playing audio  and importing videos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me. What was the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some troubleshooting with Adobe support, it still continued to happen.  After a brief break and return to recording, I had the same problem and just happened to find the following in a Google search: http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/presenter-crashes.html.  So far (fingers crossed ) I have had no other incidents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much. I have not had any issues this morning! Have a great day - mine is looking good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be just what I need, but the link is broken. Followed the "Link Broken" contact us as far down the rabbit hole as I had time to spend. Never did find the correct link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe - I have same issue and need the link to the answer please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you tell us the answer - as there is no way to get to that link - many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I had actually found this link through Google. I've shared it with my author who is experiencing the problem but have not yet heard back if it solved it or not. I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources