• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generated file combining LOF and LOR

Advisor ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is something I should have been able to work out for myself – it would be really handy to generate a document that shows me figure captions (a LOF including :figcap styles) and a list of graphics (a LOR including imported graphics)

The aim is to have a single list I can hand over to people who need to know which file (or files) is referenced for each illustration. I've managed to make one with copy/paste, a text editor and a spreadsheet, but was wondering whether there might be a niftier solution.

N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could generate a LOP that is built from just the paragraphs used in the LOF and LOR .

It turns that this actually works, with a couple of caveats:

1. Frame doesn't list the generated paragraph types, from generated files, in the LOP setup dialog. You need to add the generated para names (such as Heading1TOC or Level1IX) to the Para Catalog of a non-generated file.
  2. You probably have to run Update Book twice to capture in the LOP any changes to the other generated files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Intriguing! first time I run it, though, it does more or less what I'd expect and lists all the information in page order: so, the captions crop up one after the other while FM is scanning the book, followed by all the filenames retrieved from the LOF. Hope I've missed something :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines