Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://Site Address/files.aspx" />

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://Site Address/files2.aspx" />

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I haven't tried. Maybe it would work. If it doesn't, you could just use two redirects and apply the conditional tag to each topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I have considered your answer, but I am trying to avoid development changes. The said topic is called from the software by the Mad ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you maybe missing the point of conditional text. It is to EXCLUDE output from the finished product. Therefore a mapid in the application should not be able to find content that has been tagged as that content should not exist. From what you describe you want the application to be able to find both sets of output depending on the tag. This is just not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you need two distinct help files in which case you will need a change to the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one project that I have rebranded using Conditional tags. I use the tags at content level and topic level. I then have two single source layouts with conditional tags set to exclude content and/or topics from the build for the two branded versions.

I was hoping to apply the conditional tag to the redirect to launch pages on the web site for each brand. Maybe I was over optimistic.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you not have the content from those two topics in the redirect topic and tag the content there?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I have you and Column in my Favourites. My plan was to launch the two Company Web pages from the two Product by redirecting it though the Help. I am beginning to think it was a big ask.

That is:

Brand 1 > to topic (A) using redirect > Web 1

Brand 2 > to topic (A) using redirect > Web 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why we ask people to always state the version of Rh being used. Version 9 allows iFrames to be inserted in topics. You could have two iFrames, one for each product and tag those. The company page would then show in the topic pane and be usable from there.

See the RoboHelp Tour on my site and see the RoboHelp 9 content.

Would that work for you?

It is set up in the Employee Care topic. Generate the webhelp output for all locations and select UK in the dropdown. Car expenses shows how it works.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter.  I will try the iFrames.  I'm using V9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp