• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Error for CS4 Installation

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows XP with 32 bit. I have 3.25 GB of RAM. I tried several times to install my CS5.5 Master Collection just to find out the program I need (Premiere Pro) won't install unless I have 64 bit. So instead I am trying to install a later version, CS4. However; now I am getting a system error stating: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. 'Switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem. I have read several other forums for this website as well as others and most have said roughly the same thing. It should be the processes that are going in the background. There are no other tasks but there are processes. Over 40 of them to be exact (yes I know that's quite a bit). I'm not sure which processes to end or if that is even the problem as to why I can't install. I've had CS4 installed before but removed it for CS5.5. CS5.5 is already removed. What could be causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs4 is an earlier, not later version than cs5.5

assuming that was a typo and you really want to install cs4, uninstall cs5.5, restart your computer and use the adobe cleaner: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

then install cs4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes that was a typo. I uninstalled and used the cleaner tool but I still get the same message when trying to install CS4. I tried again and restarted my computer. The same system error shows up telling me to switch or retry. I clicked retry. It acted like it was going to try but then I get an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Refer to this for some guidance.

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Provide a screenshot of the processes list for more specifics...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines