• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker Equivalent for Tab in MS Word

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a framemaker equivalent for Tab in MS Word? See the following screenshot:

PrtScr capture_2.jpg

I want to align the pink line with the blue line. How do I do it? I'm working on FM version 8.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank You!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priya,

There are no default tab stops for paragraph styles in FrameMaker; you need to set the paragraph stop(s) for each paragraph style, and then the Tab key will act as you expect.

You may find it easier to use the ruler bar to set tab stops when you are starting out. If you do, be sure to update the definition using the Paragraph Designer so that future and existing instances of that paragraph style will all have the tab stops.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not use a tab to align the pink line with the blue one. If for some reason you add more content to the pink line, then it will flow to a second line without an indent.

Tabbing at the beginning of a paragraph is typewriter style. I would indent the whole paragraph using the paragraph designer.

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or if indented bulleted content is not worthy of its own paragraph format, put the indented matter in a borderless table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines