• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Russian Font Problem

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Russian fonts on my IBM PC, but the characters are displayed as jibberish. The Russian language option does not appear in the Paragraph Designer > Language drop down menu. How do I resolve this issue? I am using FrameMaker 9. Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM displays the languages available using the appropriate language specific glyphs. For Russian use "русский" :

FM9_russian.png

Can you be specific by what you mean about the characters being jibberish? Which font are you using? What keyboard input method is being used? Can you read Russian in order to determine if the entries are correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Russian font?

Name?

Foundry?

TTF? OTF? Type1 (AFM, PFB)?

More to the point, is it a legacy Codepage 855, 866, 1251 or 28595 font, or is it a Unicode font?

For new documents on FM8 or later, you really really want to be using Unicode, which is to say, you usually don't want to be using a "Russian" font, but want to be using one or more Unicode fonts that have the Cyrillic and Eastern European codepoints populated with glyphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines