• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 serial number problems

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving CS2 from an older Mac to a newer one.  When I tried to register, Adobe says to download the install from their site.  I downloaded the CS2 from Adobe, but when I begin the install it says my serial number is invalid.  I have tried my original serial number from my disks, and I have tried the serial associated with the download from Adobe.  Neither serial number will work.  Now what?  When I mount the downloads, the serial number is the first thing called for.  Without a valid serial number I can't get any further in the install process.

Tom Stewart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is where I found the activation code for the download.  It is still NO GO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you download the install files and use the serial number from the link John provided you receive the message that the serial number is invalid?  Please make sure you are using the installers from this link as the version you have on CD will not accept the volume license serial number.

If you are using the installers from the link provided by John then which version of Mac OS are you using?  Do you have any other Adobe Creative software installed on your computer?  If so what software titles do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first tried the link that John recommended.   The serial number didn't work.  I then tried the disk serial number and that didn't work either.  I am using OS 10.6.8  The only other software from Adobe is Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It maybe a problem with the Registration database on your computer.  You can find more details under solution 3 in Error "user name, organization or serial number is missing or invalid" |Photoshop CS2 | Mac OS - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/startup-error-photoshop-cs2-mac.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only adobe folder I have in Applications Library is a AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat file which has none of the information that is listed in the Solutiuon 3 you recommend.  I have no Adobe programs showing in my regular Applications folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I am sorry I don't have any additional suggestions for you to attempt in order to get CS2 to run on an operating system as advanced as Mac OS 10.6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines