• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 HTML Freezing from Starter

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC has been having latency issues and I'm not sure if it's due to RH 8 , the only Adobe program in my Technical Communication Suite that I use heavily.  Just in case it's the machine itself, I have opened a ticket with my corporate help desk.

Here is the issue - my RH 8 project won't open when I select it from the project list in Starter.  It freezes up, something it's been doing for the past few days and something I believe it has been hinting at for the past few months by making me delete the .cpd file before launching it. 

I hope I've provided sufficient info for assistance with trouble shooting. 

Is this a known issue, and if so, what's the work around?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason why RH* should freeze as far as I know. Can you tell us a bit more about your operating system and PC specification though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU

M520 @2.4GH

2.39 GHz, 2.92 GB of RAM

I have a medium-sized project that has never really given me many problems before.  The memory utilization is hovering around 45% to 87% usage, and RH is one of the high-usage programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your O/S? 32 or 64-bit? 2.92 GB of RAM isn't much, but you bump into a ceiling limit with some O/S's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP Professional.

My IT guy is telling me that my machine needs to be reimaged, so it may not be a RH issue.  I will try that first.  I appreciate your and RoboColum(n)'s feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Close Robohelp. Open Run Command, type regedit. In the Registory Editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Robohelp\8.00. Highlight the 8.00 folder and click on File (at the top) and then click Export (Save it to your desktop). This way you can create a backup of this 8.00 folder. Once the backup is created on your desktop or any other location in your computer, then delete this 8.00 folder. Launch Robohelp 8 and then try to observe the behavior of Robohelp 8.

Hope it helps

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp