• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete characters on save

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rare but recurring issue with Text Lines added to graphics (FM 10, Windows 7 64-bit).

Occasionally, when I add text lines (labels) to a linked graphic and click save, FM will delete seemingly random characters from the text.  Its tough to catch unless you are expecting it, which you almost never are.

Has anyone else seen this?  Might there be a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this, but never really given it much thought.

For me it is always the first character that is deleted.  Once I put the character back in it is never deleted again.

Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Might there be a fix?

A workaround, certainly: put the text in a Text Frame in the anchored frame that contains the imported graphic. And I'm assuming that by "linked" graphic you mean imported.

I've never seen this happen, but then I primarily use FM7, and haven't used the GText tool for years, because it has so many limitations from a text stewardship standpoint.

Does the character indeed get deleted, with the remaining text collapsing into its space, or is it converted to a space, or just sent to back, hidden behind the graphic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mentioned issue has been fixed in FrameMaker 11.

Thanks!

Harsh Gupta

FrameMaker Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me in FrameMaker 11 (windows) and our engineer caught it in a PDF I created. I was hoping to find a workaround and will try adding a text frame inside the graphic frame. I use these a lot to add callouts explaining parts of screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines