Skip navigation
Erik rqt
Currently Being Moderated

Extreme flash problem

Feb 12, 2013 12:14 PM

Hello,

For almost a week now I have had problems with using flash in my browsers (IE, Mozilla and Chrome which is my default browser). It's like the browsers doesn't feel that it's installed, also Chrome has the same problem even though it's built in there. The problem I have is that for example on Youtube it says that the plug in can't be loaded, and this occur in advertising and on other sites with different flash player. The problem also occur on Adobes site with the same problem tha the plug in can't be loaded.

I have tried to reinstall the browsers and Flash several times with no success. Later on I even tried to remove the antivirus and change to something else to fix it but no luck there either. I have no further ideas what I can do it and really need your help as it seems as my last option is to reinstall my OS.

My OS is Vista Ultimate and flash version is the newest (11.6.602.168).

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Erik

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2013 7:03 PM   in reply to Erik rqt

This definitely sounds like something is blocking Flash Player from working.  If it had only been one browser I would guess it was a configuration issue, but with all of them blocked it sounds like a third party utility/service.

What anti virus/firewall are you using?  Do you have any ad blocking software installed?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to Erik rqt

In many instances, you have to fully uninstall the security software to get around the problem.  I've seen some aftermarket firewall software cause similar problems as well.  Disabling the software usually doesn't do it.

You have three completely separate installations of Flash Player on your machine all misbehaving. 

Make sure that Flash Player is enabled under chrome://plugins and about:plugins in Firefox. 

If it still doesn't launch, maybe your preferences are corrupted.  Go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Browsing Data and Settings > Delete All. 

Restart your browser(s) and see if that resolves the problem.

If that doesn't do it, I'd go the nuclear route:

Download the Flash Player Uninstaller

Reboot

Run the uninstaller

Reboot again

Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the installer.

Exit any open browsers and run the installer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points