• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash builder 4.7 air 3.6 new adt compiler

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Ive been having serious issues when i tried to "Export release build" using air 3.4 and/or air 3.5 on Flash builder 4.7. Goit a lot of nonsense java.lan.nullpinter exceptions and similar errrors.

When i tried to debug or run, even on device generating the ipa, everything ok. But when i tried to export the project, and it tried to re-compile it, always got absurd java errors.

Ive tried everything: downgrade the java virtual machine, reinstalling flash builder, air, even windows!!! Nothing worked. Even recovering previous stages of the project where I originally could export it (its even published on the appstore!). No use. The app that was working no problem, now when trying to export returns a lot of javanull pointers or similar crap.

BUT, when trying to generate the ipa through via command lines  on the ms dos console it works!! So... its obvious the problem was on the adl+java duo.

Thing is, I updated to the just released AIR 3.6 (not the beta, the release version). It uses .exes(on windows, which is the system im using)  instead of java, so it showed promise.

I overlayed the air version on the flash builder following this instructions:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4797974

Well, not exaclty, because then flash builder throws a lot of errors and dosent show me the package explorer for instance.

I made a copy of the AIR folder, but not deleted the content, just copied the new air version files over and substitute the replicas, but kept the originals where no new file substituted them (dont know if im explaining it ok, sorry for my english).

It worked... except for the damn "Export release build" option. It keeps trying to debug it using java instead of using the new adt. And I cant find how to change that.

The adt on the other hand is being used ok, as i can check it when I try to run or debug the project targetting a device. Before I could check the command used and now Im not, so Im pretty sure its using the new .exe instead of the java version. But now I dont know how to generate the ipa targetting the app store, for instance via command line using the new adt nor can i do it exporting the project from the flash builder IDE.

SO...

is there anyone having similar problems?

How can I correctly overlay air 3.6 over Flash Builder 4.7 and force it to use the new air adt and adl?

Anyone tried?

Thanks in advance folks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as I mentioned I followed those instructions to overlay air, but kept reciving same errors.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When overlaying the AIR SDK on Flash Builder 4.7 - especially for mobile builds - I found that I had to overlay the AIR SDK on top of this directory as well:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK

the version number might be different but look for something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting 10 items in the Warnings when I overlay the AIR 3.6 SDK on Windows 7 with a new blank AIR desktop project.

Description Resource Path Location Type

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'List' in CSS selector 'List' SDKTest  line 9 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'List' in CSS selector 'List' SDKTest  line 9 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'Menu' in CSS selector 'Menu' SDKTest  line 4 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'Menu' in CSS selector 'Menu' SDKTest  line 4 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'Panel' in CSS selector 'Panel' SDKTest  line 4 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'Panel' in CSS selector 'Panel' SDKTest  line 4 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'TitleWindow' in CSS selector 'TitleWindow' SDKTest  line 4 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'TitleWindow' in CSS selector 'TitleWindow' SDKTest  line 4 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'VideoDisplay' in CSS selector 'VideoDisplay' SDKTest  line 14 Flex Problem

Cannot resolve namespace qualified type 'VideoDisplay' in CSS selector 'VideoDisplay' SDKTest  line 14 Flex Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your collaboration.

Hey Nabren, What do you mean by "as well"?

Just to make it clear. I already followed the instructions here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-builder/kb/overlay-air-sdk-flash-builder. html

to overlay the air sdk. And the folder you are pointing me is the ONLY ONE the instructions tell me to replace. BUT when you say "as well" I understand something else have to be done.

Ill explain the whole process Ive followed and the consequences:

As I said I replaced the content on the AIRSDK placed in the fodler C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722 (or similar), for the content of the new SDK.

The result is that flash builder throws me a lot of errors and is unable  to show even the package explorer, for instance or create a mobile project, so I went back to the original AIR folder. No problem there.

When I was using flash builder 4.6 I overlayed the sdks in this way: made a copy of the last flex SDK (which already had the air sdk inside), and copied the content of the  latest AIR SDK over the current sdk, replacing only new files, keeping those not includded on the air sdk. That way I could keep several flex+air sdks, and could select wich sdk to use for each library/project. Now this doesnt work anymor on flahs builder 4.7.

So I tried this:

I made a copy of the AIR sdk under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722 and copied over the new sdk ont he folder overwritting new files,keeping those not included on the new sdk... and this works! Everythings fine. I can debug complex projects on air simulator even launch it on an iphone or ipad...

BUT it keeps throwing me JAVA errors (null pointer exceptions and things like that) when exporting that makes no sense at all (different errrors without making any change, now no error now another one...).

More info on the projects provoking this behaviour:

They are mobile projects (ios mainly). They use several libraries. Some of them come from compiled swcs from flash cs6 (wich contains classes we are using as views). All libraries have been double checked. They are fine. The problems emerge when trying to export targetting the apple store. Weve double checked the provisioning and the certificate. They are correct. In fact, when we try to generate the ipa using adt via command lines on ms-dos it works!

Weve tried to remake and the rebuild the project class by class, even recreate the flas we are using to generate the swcs to be used as libraries on the project... it only works when the project is almost empty. As soon as some content is added.. bumm! Java errrors all over when trying to export.

Our main machine is an i7 2.93 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 64 bits. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, using Flash builder 4.7 64 bits and flash cs6 64 bits. But we have checked on other mahines and sme thing happens.

Doesnt anyone else have these problems? Is there any other way to overlay the air sdk?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem.

I followed the instructions here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-builder/kb/overlay-air-sdk-flash-builder.html

Unfortunately, the one thing I didn't do was backup the old sdk before doing this. D'oh!

I've done AIR overlays with Flash Builder many times, but I followed the instructions exactly. When I came to this instruction, I deleted the contents of the AIRSDK folder:

2. After taking a backup of the AIR SDK, delete all the contents inside the "AIRSDK" folder.

In retrospect, I probably should have used the overlay method by running tar jxvf over the existing sdk. How can I now repair my installation?

Here's a screenshot of my dilemma:

http://interactivenyc.com/screenshots/Flash%20Builder%20AIR%20Error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I work on a small development team with 4 AS3 programmers. We're producing an app, and are getting ready to submit it to the store. We read the submission guidelines and discovered that we needed to ship certain assets inside the cacheDirectory folder rather than applicationStorageDirectory, and we saw that 3.6 had just been released out of beta.

We use Flash CS6 to compile and Flash Builder for our code editing, like many other developers out there. This means that I had to download the AIR SDK twice, once for Flash and once for Flash Builder. Multiply this by four developers, and we downloaded the AIR SDK eight times yesterday. I'm the only one of us who has switched to FB7, and the steps to update AIR in FB7 are ridiculous.

Here are two suggestions:

1) Properly separate the Flex and AIR sdk's, and allow Flash and Flash Builder to point to the same files.

2) Make it easy, like this:

http://interactivenyc.com/screenshots/Flash%20Builder%20Update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, hm... looks like I was going off an old page. It used to direct you to a different SDK folder. Try overlaying this folder with the new AIR SDK as well:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\sdks\4.6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nabren,

I did that, but didn't get my code completion that way, and the Installed AIR SDK preferences still said I was using 3.4.

-steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya, the installed AIR SDK should update when you install the new AIR SDK to this folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK

(Make sure you are doing this with Flash Builder closed)

Also, make sure to delete everything under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK (but not the AIRSDK folder) before extracting the AIRSDK_Compiler.zip into that directory. Also make sure you downloaded the compiler version of the AIR SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines