• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Install Creative Cloud to Another Location?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never install anything to C:\Program Files\ and I don't want to start now. How can I do a custom install to my preferred location?

While I am here, downloading Photoshop, After Effects and Audition has used up nearly 30% of my monthly bandwidth. Why isn't the Install Manager smart enough to know that I have a 64 bit OS and only install the 64 bit versions of the CS applications? It would save a lot of bandwidth and disc space (I only have a 128Gb SSD).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Change the location in the Application Manager prefs. Some components will however still be installed on your system root drive. 32bit versions are installed to provide compatibility with certasin legacy features like printer drivers, scanners and older plug-ins that may not come with 64bit versions. That aside, the video apps are 64bit only, anyway. The rest is between you and your Internet provider.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the location in the Application Manager prefs. Some components will however still be installed on your system root drive. 32bit versions are installed to provide compatibility with certasin legacy features like printer drivers, scanners and older plug-ins that may not come with 64bit versions. That aside, the video apps are 64bit only, anyway. The rest is between you and your Internet provider.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that's good but it raises another question - if I unistall the applications from their current locations and try to reinstall them, will the Install Manager have to waste aother 30% of my monthly bandwidth to download them again or does it have the download stored away somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines