• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Install CS6 Std edition on a windows 8 using chrome

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought the CS6 web std. package(Danish edition), which comes in a set of files for me to download.

;

DesignStandard_CS6_LS4.7z (approx. 233mb in size)

DesignStandard_CS6_LS4.exe

InDesignFamily_8_Content_ALL.exe

Being the first time for me to ever install the CS program, I'm already confused from the get go..

Starting the LS4.exe file is my best bet. Clicking this promts me with a " We are going to extract the files in to a directory which we are going to create" - I click OK, and an error is shown: "We couldn't extract the files, please check the size of the place where we are going to extract the files to, or check the read/write rights to the directory"

Mind you, the directory has been created nicely, so it must be the next part, but I'm looking at 380GB of free space on my HD, so i'm not sure what to do here!!

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

It turns out that the .7z file by default is marked by Windows as being unsafe to run, which produces the "are you sure you want to run this program, which you have just downloaded" message - BUT this message can't show, since the file is executed from another program - the installer.. Right clicking the 7z file and authorizing it to run manually solved the problem!

(And yes it was too small, downloaded the full file now..)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What location are you choosing to extract the files too?  Also which version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the suggested new folder created on the desktop. I'm still using Windows 8... but I've discovered that the 7z file wasen't downloaded completely eventhough it said so (not being a .download file part..)

So I'm waiting a couple of hours to see if that does the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok yes 277MB is a rather small 7zip file to contain the install files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that the .7z file by default is marked by Windows as being unsafe to run, which produces the "are you sure you want to run this program, which you have just downloaded" message - BUT this message can't show, since the file is executed from another program - the installer.. Right clicking the 7z file and authorizing it to run manually solved the problem!

(And yes it was too small, downloaded the full file now..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines