• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export from Lightroom to Facebook

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/lightroom/using/WS2bacbdf8d487e58258d44eb8130dd470977-8000.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. Facebook replys " No registered app for this extension". Facebook then opens to my home page, no instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes seems to be a problem with the Authentication Token as if you delete the application and re-register you get the following message:

"Failed to receive the authentication token." and clicking on it brings up "lightroom://..." under the Facebook Authorization URL

It's all explained here http://developers.facebook.com/docs/authentication/ and since the process was updated in October 2011 it may have changed because LR4 is a new application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue, but it's not exactly the same. I've never been able to complete the setup process for Facebook and it's not tellig me it failed. It's just saying "authorizing" for forever. I've read the whole thread and I don't see a solution to my problem.

Here are all the details I can think to provide:

I'm a brand new Lightroom user. I've been using other Adobe software for a very long time. I'm on a Mac running Mountain Lion. I just installed Lightroom 4 and verified there are no updates to it.

I was able to configure Flickr, though I haven;t tested it yet.

I'm not able to authorize Facebook.

1) I click the Facebook "Set Up..." button.

2) I enter a description in the "Public Servie" section.

3) I click "Authorize on Facebook" and accept the Facebook Terms.

4) I'm directed to log into Facebook in my default browser - Safari 6.0.3.  I log into Facebook.

5) I'm directed to a Facebook page that says "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" at the top and gives me these options: "Log in with Facebook" or "Cancel."

I choose "Log in with Facebook."

6) I'm then directed to a page that says Lightroom wants permission to manage my pages and post on my behalf. FYI, I only have one page - it's an event page. I don't use Faebook for personal stuff. That may be part of the problem. I don't know. Anyway, at this point, I click "allow."

7) I'm directed back to Lightroom. In the background, my Facebook landing page loads. In Lightroom, I'm back on the Publishing manager window with a mini window loaded overtop that says, "After authorizing with the ewb browser, continue here..." and has a "Cancel" and a "Done" button. I click "Done."

8) The mini-popuop closes and I'm at the main Lightroom Publishing Manager window. Under "Facebook Account, it says, "Authorizing..." No matter how long I wait, it still just says "Authorizing."

9) I go back to my browser, click on the Settings link on my Facebook page, and click on apps. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is listed there, fully authorized.

I've tried clearing my cookies. I've tried using Firefox. I've tried restarting Lightroom.

I can't try using IE because IE doesn't exist for the Mac. I can't delete my Facebook profile in Lightroom because it's never been created.

I am behind a firewall, but that shouldn't be an issue. When I tried it with Firefox, after clicking "allow" on step 6, Firefox opened up a dialog asking me which app to send the response to. I selected Lighttroom. So, I it should have received it.

If anyone has any ideas that aren't already in the thread, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to set up, having Facebook authorised, I can create an album (it show in Facebook), but I cannot select it (greyed out), and as a consequence cannot create the Publish service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem "Failed to recieve the authentication token". I delete the original Lightroom app from the facebook account in an attempt to solve some upload issues I've been having. Now it doesn't work at all because it can't complete authentication. Looks like Lightroom is registered correctly if I go to my facebook account on facebook. Lightroom doesn't know it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found I was able to complete it only using Microsoft IE on windows using the following method:

1. Delete Lightroom from the Apps on your account

2. Re-authorize from Lightroom (make sure Microsoft IE is the default internet browser)

3. When authorizing IE will go to an invalid URL - just copy all of the URL

4. When Lightroom notifies "Failed to receive the authentication token." Click on it to bring up "lightroom://..." under the Facebook Authorization URL

5 Replace "lightroom://..." with the URL you copied and it will be authorized

Note it doesn't seem to work with either Firefox or Google Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't. Glad it did for you, but not me. There is no invalid URL to copy from. None of these solutions work. Anyone have any fresh ideas or should Adobe pull their heads out of their butts and make programs that work without and undue amount of hassle.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remove LR apps into facebook, remove account facebook into LR e restart
I'havent any issue from 4.1 to last releases.

Please, its most important to remove facebook apps, then remove into Lightroom and again resyncro account, adding it to facebook apps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response but I'm sorry, I do not understand why you're saying to do.  The instructions are not clear to me.  Do you mean remove the Lr app in the Facebook account?  If so, I tried that and it didn't work.  What does "remove account facebook into Lr and restart" mean?  What does remove into lightroom and re synchro mean?  How do you do that?

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for my bad english too..

1. yes, remove Adobe Photoshop Lightroom application in Facebook account

2. yes, remove Facebook account into Lightroom

3. make a new account into Lightroom, with same Facebook settings

4. accept Adobe Photoshop Lightroom policy into Facebook

must work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, we're still not quite there.  How do you do step #2, remove facebook account into Lightroom?  I see no way to do that. There is simply a button to authorize and that sends me to my web browser to log into FB.  How do I scrub Lr of any old FB info?

Thanks for all your help.  I appreciate your time.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry and I know you're trying to help me but the procedures you're suggesting are the very same as those listed above in this posting and they do not work, at least for me.  I've tried these procedures numerous times that you (and many others) suggest and they don't work despite some claims that they do.  That's why I'm asking for fresh ideas from anyone who has solved this problem. 

#1) I have deleted the app from Facebook as you suggest. 

#2) I then go back into Lr and click authorize. 

#3) I even changed to Internet Explorer as the default browser as some have told me that Firefox is the problem. 

#4) I do what Facebook asks of me inside IE and it accepts it. 

#5) Lr then gives me the "did not accept authorization token error".

I have done these procedures over and over many times and they do not work.

I still don't see the answer to how do you remove "Facebook account into Lightroom"?  All this link shows me is how to create one (asssuming the procedures work, which they do not).  It also does not help with what to do if the procedures fail.

I need a fresh idea if anyone has new info as these procdures do not work and doing the same thing over and over that does not work is a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks BKKDon! That worked!

Now let's see if I can actually upload an album   It would freeze after 2-4 photos before which is why I was attempting to reauthorize.

Update: No. Still fails to upload to facebook. Of course I can't upload into Facebook even with their own web browser based uploaded either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this procedure affect the previously uploaded pictures and albums ?

I mean, will Lightroom keep the "link" to the pictures and albums previously uploaded to Facebook ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this procedure dont affect previously uploaded pictures, these picture must be removed from Facebook.

@Brian, these procedure arent so easy, but be done with cookies and temp files cleaned before... read comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Larsenio: what do you mean by "...these picture must be removed from Facebook" ?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sammy, if you need to remove some albums from FB, you must remove it manually.

Lightroom fb's plugin dont remove anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Larsenio: Good, thanks for your feedbck 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean.  What does "be done with cookies and temp files cleaned" mean?  What are the procedures to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any fresh ideas how to solve this problem?  The delete app from facebook and re-authorize from Internet Explorer approach does not work.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larsenio, since you're "tried and true" methods didn't work, I had to figure it out myself.  The answer to the Facebook problem is to uninstall the program, then do the following procedures:

First run Microsoft Fix It.  That enabled one to run Lr uninstall.  Uninstall Lr.  Then go to the following link and do a manual uninstall of Lr to clean up residual files.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroom-4.html

Then run your registry clean up.  Next do a computer restart.  Now you should be ready to reinstall and after doing all this, you will be performing a virgin install (like the computer had never seen Lr before).  Do the install and run the Facebook link up procedures within Lr and it works.

Thanks for trying, but the procedures mentioned above do not always work.  This one worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no need to unistall Lightroom:

1. remove facebook application "adobe photoshop lightroom"

2. remove Lightroom publish services into lightroom

3. make a new publish service facebook

4. ie/firefox etc.. accept application "adobe photoshop lightroom"

5. just do it!

every step need to close and restar Lr app - see feeback.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/lightroom/using/WS2bacbdf8d487e58258d44eb8 130dd470977-8000.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines