• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 10 - where an I get some decent, helpful user documentation as a potential new user

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a trial version of Robohelp 10, with a view to buying it as the single-source authoring tool for a company I am working for as a contract technical author and consultant. However, the user documentation delivered with this product is very poor. It is missing a level of information - the 'overview' level that explains the steps required to actually set up a project and getting it to generate output in various formats.

The user guide I have gives lots and lots of detail about the individual features of the product, but has no explicit information about how they hang together to create output.

What I need is something that says 'First create a project, then create master pages. Then create your topics and (do this) to get them included in your generated output.' At the moment I have 422 pages of documentation, but am having to go scavenging for information on what I need to do to get it all to work together.

I have ordered “Adobe RoboHelp HTML 10: The Essentials” by Kevin Siegel but had to buy this off the US site, and it will take weeks to arrive. Can anybody out there direct me to a source that will give me the level of information I need before that, please? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you’ve looked at the excellent grainge.org website? Or Rick’s robowizard.com site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or one of the Goober Guides might help:

http://www.gooberguides.com/

The Quick Start Guide might be useful, even through it's only RH7 - the basic concepts should be the same and  procedures should be fairly similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp